Fusion vs NukeX at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old April 18th, 2011, 08:55 PM   #1
New Boot

Fusion vs NukeX

Hi everyone!

I'm planning on doing an internship for a post production company, which uses both Nuke and Fusion at the same time. They told me either one would be good and let me choose. I have sufficient experience in After Effects, but I have never used the other programs, or any other node based software. I don't know which one to choose, so I can start getting acquainted with. I am also a student, and don't have nearly enough money to spend on buying both...

Which one do you think is the more powerful, more intuitive, better to start with? I am sort of leaning towards Nuke, especially after seeing both websites, but I am also not too good with 3D, so I think I would have to get on top of that as well if I choose Nuke.

Thank you for your help,
Vlady Gerasimov
Vlady Gerasimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2011, 07:55 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Fusion vs NukeX

Personally I'd suggest you try & lean both and see which you prefer, but if you can only learn one, I'd recommend Nuke.

I think that Nuke is more widely used. It also has a great feature set and is incredibly flexible and powerful, and it runs on all 3 platforms, Linux, Mac & Windows.

I don't have any experience with Fusion, and I'm not that familiar with it's feature set, but I'm sure you wouldn't go far wrong if you decided to learn Fusion instead.
Old April 20th, 2011, 09:51 PM   #3
Trustee

Go for Nuke.
Old September 4th, 2011, 07:56 PM   #4
Major Player

Nuke is the standard but you'll like Fusion better. Just like Avid Vrs Premiere Pro.
Old September 5th, 2011, 02:15 AM   #5
Major Player

Doesn't Nuke have a PLE? I don't think you need to buy it if you are only learning it towards an internship
Jon Shohet is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects