Very nice invisible men affect. How to do it? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old June 19th, 2011, 05:22 PM   #1
New Boot

Very nice invisible men affect. How to do it?

Hi everybody,

In Czech republic new campaign with invisible men was launched. I am wondering how to achieve same effect. I tried to google the way how to do it but I cant imagine how invisible driver of taxi could be made using green screen. Does anybody have any idea? Thank you for all reponses in advance!

Bob

YouTube - ‪Neviditelní - Romové pracují a cht?jí pracovat (spot)‬‏
Bohumil Stanek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2011, 07:26 PM   #2
Wrangler

Re: Very nice invisible men affect. How to do it?

Hard to say because there are a lot of not overly difficult ways to do that. There are two clips totaling no more than five seconds, less than 125 frames, so not that much work, I'd guess. A couple of ideas to start things off:

- For the scene inside the vehicle looking out past the driver's seat and steering wheel, one could composite the exterior scenes (in other word, green screen all the vehicle glass,rear view mirror and motion of the steering wheel. The tires could also have been on tracks and they could have rigged it to operate remotely as well. There was a lot of motion blur in the first half of that scene so that helps keep the workload down even more.

- The scene from the exterior would have been pretty easy, I think -- just, steer from below the dash.

However they did it -- nicely done advert!
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2011, 10:13 PM   #3
Trustee

The simplest way to do the car trick is - rig it with another steering wheel! The guy on the right is actually driving, with either pedals, remote or a small hidden steering, and the 'real' one turns because its loosely connected to the car wheels.

The rest is roto. Once you sell the 'big' effect, the audience will be vowed by the lesser ones. Hope this helps.
Old June 20th, 2011, 11:23 AM   #4
Major Player

Cant you just get the driver to ware a green screen suit and then just key it out?
Kevin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 02:50 PM   #5
New Boot

it sounds logical to me but I am not experienced at all thus I am not sure If its possible! :)
Bohumil Stanek is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects