Export quality at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old August 24th, 2011, 08:06 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Export quality

Hello to all,

I just started to make some picture stabilization with new warp stabilizer but when I export video, quality of it is not the best. I try export in all formats but results is the same. Is this because stabilizer or am I doing something wrong. My original footage is in mpeg-2 and I import that footage direct in ae.

here is video that You know what I'm talking about
proba - YouTube

thanks for replies
Matija Petrovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2011, 07:16 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Export quality

It's hard to see a serious problem from that example. I may be looking in the wrong place. What do you find wrong with it?

Remember that a stabiliser (most of them, I'm pretty sure, anyway) have to expand the footage to fill the frame after stabilising. You've given it a pretty hard job with backwards hand held footage, I think. What you're seeing probably how much it has to expand to adjust it properly making focus a bit softer and noise more obvious and things.
Doesn't look too bad though, I thought.
Murray Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 04:28 AM   #3
Regular Crew

try to watch video in 720p and you will see difference between first video (before warp stabilizer) and after
Old August 25th, 2011, 11:37 AM   #4
Major Player

I watched it in 720. It looks different but not very bad. It looks like I would expect after a stabiliser. If it is a problem you should adjust the options to make it stabilise less or differently, I think.
Some others probably know more than me, though.
Murray Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 06:34 PM   #5
Major Player

Are you talking about the warping and "rippling" of the image when you pass through door frames and whenever something new comes into the foreground? To get rid of that, you'll need to change your Stabilization Method option to something other than Subspace Warp. Try something such as "Position, Scale, Rotation" instead. Also, try manipulating some of the different settings and see what you come back with.

The warp stabilizer does a pretty good job, but you need to help it along to get better results.
Old August 27th, 2011, 10:16 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn McCalip View Post
Are you talking about the warping and "rippling" of the image when you pass through door frames and whenever something new comes into the foreground? To get rid of that, you'll need to change your Stabilization Method option to something other than Subspace Warp. Try something such as "Position, Scale, Rotation" instead. Also, try manipulating some of the different settings and see what you come back with.

The warp stabilizer does a pretty good job, but you need to help it along to get better results.
I think she's talking about the quality of the video, not the steadiness.

Martija, what are you exporting the footage to? Try using AVI or H.264 if you can. And check your compression settings, try using lossless or something very uncompressed.
David Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2011, 02:48 AM   #7
Regular Crew

hy,

first I'm male :)

I export footage in different formats (in that was h.264 and avi) but quality of video was same
Old August 30th, 2011, 10:11 PM   #8
Inner Circle

Looks OK to me - not that I was paying much attention to the stabilization. I think it proves that if your subject is good enough nobody will complain about slight technical deficiencies.

Seriously, I think it's pretty much what I would expect after stabilizing.and better than some of the handheld stuff I've seen.
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects