TimeLapse - Issue with Playback in Timeline at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old October 3rd, 2011, 07:50 AM   #1
Regular Crew

TimeLapse - Issue with Playback in Timeline

Hi Guys,

I'm new to FCP7, and would appreciate some help with this.

I've created a timeline 1920x1080, but when i import my timelapse sequence of images, i notice on playback that there's the black border at either side, so all images are obviously not measuring up to the 1920 x 1080 format.

Could someone advise please, on how I can perform a batch edit on all these images for the timelapse, to correct their current format, and ensure there are no black borders visible on playback.

Thanks,

J
Joe Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 08:40 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: TimeLapse - Issue with Playback in Timeline

My advice would be to download Quicktime 7. Select "open image sequence" and choose the first file in your sequence. QT will then open it up as a high res movie (if you shot in large frames). Its not advisable to try play the movie, instead go to file > export and render out a 422 ProRes (LT) quicktime in 1920x1080 selecting crop. You will then be able to take this new hd version into FCP.
Stephen Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 09:17 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Stephen, will try this approach out later ...

Also, do you do your correcting on the timelapse images, outside of FCP7 also?
Joe Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2011, 02:08 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for the tip, that got me sorted. Do you mind me asking though, why I was to select the 422 ProRes (LT) setting over the others. Do you encode all your native filed to 422 ProRes (LT), before editing, and what advantages has the LT setting got?
Joe Thompson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects