DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Digital Compositing and Effects (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-compositing-effects/)
-   -   how this effect done? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-compositing-effects/504435-how-effect-done.html)

Buba Kastorski January 16th, 2012 12:12 PM

how this effect done?

I was always curious about know how reproduce this effects, but after seeing this video i really want to know
1:44 and 1:49 and further, the first one is compositing , the second one is probably positive/negative velocity , but how, i searched the web, but couldn't find anything
thanks in advance.

Les Wilson January 16th, 2012 07:09 PM

Re: how this effect done?

Did you mean to post a link?

Buba Kastorski January 17th, 2012 07:52 AM

my bad :)
First Of The Year (Equinox) - Skrillex [OFFICIAL] - YouTube

Justin Molush January 17th, 2012 09:22 AM

Are you talking about the "waves" and the jerking back and forth?

You can do that in premiere, just create duplicates of the track and reverse one, sync it to the beat for one back and forth, then copy the two and past until your done. Or if you wanted to get fancy, you could do a wiggle on the playback speed, but I doubt it would look consistent due to the nature of the wiggle command.

The wave displacement I haven't personally done, but videocopilot has a few tutorials that touches on the subject and Im sure could generate similar results. If someone has done it and could just point me to some tools for it Im sure I could figure it out, but my after effects work usually doesn't involve realistic effects.

For the smoke effects, I would motion track all of the fingers individually and put the tracking data in a null for each, then link the null to a particle generation point so the particle generator moves with the finger, then blend, shade, and composite it on for realistic effect. Its a lot of layers in one comp when its all said and done, but doesn't seem overly complicated. I would probably throw a roto of the hands in there as well to make layering easy. Higher framerates makes this easier, and its obvious they shot in at least 60p since they scale the time up and down constantly.

Buba Kastorski January 17th, 2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin Molush (Post 1709928)
Are you talking about the "waves" and the jerking back and forth?

thanks Justin, i've found a few shock wave tutorials, but nothing for the jerky movement, and it looks like it is not just back and forth, some background masking involved too i think, well i guess i need to spend some time in AE :)

Murray Christian January 26th, 2012 03:02 AM

The background is still moving, to my eye on close inspection, so I don't think there is any masking, if that's what you mean. It looks like just back and forth ramping.
There's actually some plugins that do that sort of thing. But I've never tried any of them. It seems to me like you could do it fairly easily, once you get your head around it, on the time remapping graph. A bit fiddly to set up but that would give you lots of nice keyframes to work with if you're doing fine synching to hyper dubstep, for instance.

Ammar Ijaz June 18th, 2012 11:52 PM

Funny you mentioned this. I just finished a dubstep video using a similar effect using Red Giant Sound Keys:

Around 2:30 in the waist shots.

Tutorial:
Red Giant - RGTV - Episodes