Boujou -> 3DS Max script issues at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old November 16th, 2012, 10:21 AM   #1
Major Player

Boujou -> 3DS Max script issues

Im working on compositing some 3D stuff onto a crane shot I took a while ago for a promo and Im running into some script run issues when importing the camera solve into 3DS max.

Boujou goes great, get the track, and export the camera solve, start my project in 3DS Max and run the camera solve script to get it to initialize and I always get this error...

When I edit the script to point directly to the sequence (IE, "Sequence 01000.TIF" ) it loads fine, but when I try to turn the background layer on, nothing shows up. This is the second time I'm using 3DS max so I might be overlooking something.

Help?

*edit* Since Im actively working on this, might figure it out before anyone responds but appreciate any help. Turns out when exporting a TIFF sequence from premiere it starts the numbering convention at 01000 and upward, etc etc etc for the shots, not Sequence 00001 as though it would be starting from 0. When importing in boujou I was starting the sequence numbering at 0, and therefor when outputting the camera solve it doesn't take the native file names and writes them, but rather writes from its own internal frame numbers, thus breaking the file sequence list for 3DS Max (the .ifl file it is referencing). Checking to see if importing the scene and keeping numbering convention solves this when exporting from boujou.

*edit2* Solved the issue for the most part. Make sure your frame sequence in boujou is numbered the same as the original sequence. When importing in 3DS Max, the sequence might start late thus looping around at the wrong time and not syncing up. To fix this, go to Views -> Viewport Background and set the start/end points for your frames. Just thought I should update should somebody search for this issue as well.

Last edited by Justin Molush; November 16th, 2012 at 11:08 AM.
Justin Molush is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects