DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Digital Compositing and Effects (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-compositing-effects/)
-   -   Prodad Heroglyph vers 4 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-compositing-effects/512381-prodad-heroglyph-vers-4-a.html)

Barry Hunter November 28th, 2012 04:43 PM

Prodad Heroglyph vers 4

For some time I have had Heorglyph vers 2.6 title package on my Edius 6 & recently decided to upgrade to vers 4 to enable me to create some fancy titling for our China video. On Prodad`s site it claims to be able to use it within various editing programmes such as Edius vers 6 & 6.5, Premiere etc. At no time does it say that it will NOT WORK in a transaparency mode whilst creating a title over existing video footage. Often you need to see what is below the title so that you can best place the wording etc. Having found this problem I then requested a refund of the £135 I had paid the previous day only to have this declined & was referred to the publisher. When I contacted them & asked the reason I was simply told it was not allowed! Queerying this I then had a torrent of abuse, mostly in German (which I understood some of) the rest in English!

I`m posting this as a warning to would be users that although there are some good points of this software there are also a lot of drawbacks, not least the attitude of the company.

One last interesting thing is that it would appear that I`m not alone in my criticism as someone else on another video forum has had a simlar experience!

Charlie Fulton December 11th, 2012 11:35 AM

Re: Prodad Heroglyph vers 4

Here's a summary of Heroglyph support under Edius: Heroglyph 2.6 only works with versions of Edius prior to 6.5. If you want to use Heroglyph with Edius 6.5, you need Heroglyph 4. (Please also upgrade to the latest build of Edius before installing Heroglyph, there is a background problem that is fixed in Edius 6.5.2 and later.)

Please don't hesitate to send me an email for any proDAD support needs, I'm based in California, USA and can try to get things clarified. support@prodad.us
Charlie Fulton, proDAD product support

Barry Hunter December 11th, 2012 12:05 PM

Re: Prodad Heroglyph vers 4

Thanks for your reply! To clarify, I use Edius 6 not 6.5. I have spoken at length with Heroglyph support in Germany & initially found them helpfull, however, when i said that because of the fact that Heroglyph 4 does not fully intergrate with Edius 6 & that I was not prepared to upgrade Edius to vers 6.5 & that I wished to have a refund, the German support guy then refused to speak in anything other than German (previously he had spoken fluently in English) & then sworn at me in German (I speak a little German, eine bission, ) and also swore in English.....F.... you etc!

The matter is now in dispute with my credit card company.

On the face of it, a good product with limitations, but the companies attitude STINKS!