PluralEyes/DualEyes and MTS files at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old December 1st, 2012, 02:51 PM   #1
Regular Crew

PluralEyes/DualEyes and MTS files

I have just got myself a free copy of PluralEyes/DualEyes 2, which will eventually include the windows version 3 when it is released. As I don't have a suitable NLE I am using the DualEyes. I have two questions. Firstly as it stands it cannot extract audio from the MTS files. Will installing the AC3Filter sort that out and does that filter impact any other areas of a Windows 7 system?

The main video I want to sync is shorter that the better sound track I want to add. As my GH2 was unhacked I did the recording in 20 minute bites of the 90 minute concert. The standalone audio is complete and therefore has bits of sound in it not filmed. I was intending adding cutaways etc to make up these gaps and keeping the new audio intact- is that possible and in what order should I sync the clips? Do them in 20 minute batches or put the whole lot together and do it in one go? Any hints and tips.
Bill Sherren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2012, 04:14 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: PluralEyes/DualEyes and MTS files

While not directly related, I always recommend using a good old fashioned clapper slate for sync. Still the standard after 85 years.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/292535-REG/Birns_Sawyer_425007_Economy_Dry_Erase_Production.html

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects