supress color in After effects at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old August 5th, 2006, 04:09 AM   #1
Tourist

supress color in After effects

Hello there

I've been using eyeon fusion for colorgrading the last year, and I have become totally dependent on the color supress function.

I don't have access to fusion anymore and I'm trying to the same in After effects now with color finesse (1.5). There seems to no simple way to this in finesse or am I overlooking something?

There seems to be one other plugin from toolfarm, called supressor. 12$ plug that does the trick, but is it any good?

Would like to here from you after effect graders out there!
Christian Berg-Nielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 09:29 AM   #2
Tourist

Nobody have any color supression technices in Color Finesse or other plug for After Effects?

I have tried using the secondary color correct in finesse to do it. It is possible to do it there, but timeconsuming...

Well.. I hope there is someone out there who has some experience in this.
Old August 9th, 2006, 05:02 PM   #3
Inner Circle

The hue./saturation filter is sort of like a secondary color corrector.

You can limit by hue, and affect hue + saturation (in HSL color space). Something about the filter looks weird though.
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2006, 04:20 AM   #4
Tourist

The shot i'm correcting is a studio shot with white background and a person sitting in a chair.

There was some sort of technical difficulty on set making the pro35 adapter work with the jvc dv/hdv camera properly. So now there is magenta hue on top of the image and green on the lower part.

My idea on the studio was to take all color out except skin color and then at the same time take out the green magenta hue. I tried it in fusion now on my old workplace and fusion takes out the green and magenta on the white and on the face/clothes. It looks really nice.

I'm currently demo'ing the plug called suppressor by fan. I'll give some feedback on how it works. Only costs 12$, so if its good I'll buy it I guess. Strange that this seemingly simple task is so difficult to do i AE.

Well, shout if anyone else out there have any good ideas!
Old August 10th, 2006, 04:34 AM   #5
Tourist

It worked quite well actually.
http://www.fandev.com/supressor.html

Guess I'm buying it! ...

But I'm still interested in any advice on how I could do this with finesse or AE plugs..
Christian Berg-Nielsen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects