DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Digital Compositing and Effects (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-compositing-effects/)
-   -   video echo effect on moving people time lapse (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-compositing-effects/76854-video-echo-effect-moving-people-time-lapse.html)

Mike Schmidt October 5th, 2006 02:28 AM

video echo effect on moving people time lapse

Hello all!

I am new here and looking for a video echo effect I want to use on a time lapse video scene. I made a fix shot from a higher position taking some moving people working in a factory placing around their finished pieces to each other. so cool would be if they would leave behind a visible track tail like a superhero moving fast. kinda video echo effect.

Any ideas I could do this? I have all the common video apps (sony vegas, combustion, after effects...)

Greetings from Germany! This seems a great Website and Forum :-))

Mike

Conor Ryan October 5th, 2006 04:08 AM

Try the "time" effects in After Effects, particularly time echo.

Greg Boston October 5th, 2006 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Schmidt
Hello all!

I am new here and looking for a video echo effect I want to use on a time lapse video scene. I made a fix shot from a higher position taking some moving people working in a factory placing around their finished pieces to each other. so cool would be if they would leave behind a visible track tail like a superhero moving fast. kinda video echo effect.

Any ideas I could do this? I have all the common video apps (sony vegas, combustion, after effects...)

Mike

Hello Mike! What you are looking for is an effect called motion trail or motion blur. It's a common effect and is available in many NLE applications. You could also achieve the same thing in camera by using a slow shutter speed while shooting your timelapse. But I would prefer to do something like this in post where you have more control over the final output.

-gb-

Phil Gosselin October 11th, 2006 12:58 PM

There is also a Cycore plugin that does the trick, better than the echo effect included in AE methinks.

The Cycore plugins suite is included with AE7, you may have to install it from the AE dvd though.

Riley Harmon November 26th, 2006 01:21 PM

AE7 timewarp plugin, also enable motion blur on the layer and the comp

Garrison Hayes November 26th, 2006 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Schmidt
Hello all!

Mike

It's an Effect in Avid under the catergory Illusions that could help you...the name escapes me but try a few of them out...

G. Hayes