Magic Bullet Rendering Performance at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old November 4th, 2006, 03:57 AM   #1
Major Player

Magic Bullet Rendering Performance

Hey Guys

So I am fiddling around with the trial version of Magic bullet editors for the first time am I am quite impressed with it.

My system is a year old Pentium 930 with 2 gigs of Ram and have been using PP2.0, which is dual core enabled and hence has always rendered its projects fully utilizing both processing cores.

However, I have noticed that for any of my sequences that involve any magic bullet effects, only a single core is used! To my horror I checked the Red Giant site only to see no mention of dual core optimization for Magic Bullet (I am hoping that they will fix this for their next release).

That really SUCKS since the effects are fantastic but when rendering to HDV the performance is terrible!

What sucks even further is that from what I read on the red giant site, ONLY if you have are running an Nvida graphics card the gpu in the graphics card aids in real time previewing of effects and rendering (I think), meanwhile I have a fairly decent ATI x800, which basically means that my graphics card sits on it's a$$ and isnt' helping in the process at all!

Any ideas how on how to improve performance on this otherwise amazing app?

Thanks in advance!
Old November 5th, 2006, 03:41 AM   #2
Major Player

Check out Nucleo Pro ( http://www.gridironsoftware.com/NucleoPro/ ) in theory it should turn MagicBullet into a muliti/core/processor plug-in - it does this by running multiple virtual instances of After Effects on all your available processors.

It also does numerous other things that will speed up rendering, previewing etc.

Go here >> http://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bi...pro/index.html

...and click on the big button labeled "click here to watch video" with the picture of the orange cows head on, it will tell you all about Nucleo Pro.
Lee Wilson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects