What would you suggest for hardware for effects heavy projects? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old March 30th, 2003, 10:34 PM   #1
Regular Crew

What would you suggest for hardware for effects heavy projects?

I am using an AMD 2.2Ghtz processor/ liquid cooled with 4 hard drives at 7200 rpm with 8 mb memory
also have 2100/266 ddr ram.

I like to use heavy transistions and effects on some of my projects, but the thing that holds me up is the time it takes to export/ render it.

Is there any hardware out there that will allow me to render/export quicker than what I have?

Give you an idea how long a 7 minute timeline will take to render with film fx and some transistions..is about 5 hours or 13600 frames in five hours. There has to be something quicker than this out there?

Thanks!
Oh, I use adobe premiere 6.5
Adam Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2003, 03:59 AM   #2
Wrangler

Well, depending on the complexity of your transition and comp work, you may find a realtime system such as the Canopus DVStorm to be an attractive hardware solution.

The fact that you're using Premiere and not After Effects tells me this is probably a very viable option, especially since Canopus will be releasing Edius which will be able to do everything that Premiere can do, but all in real time--so you won't experience rendering waits at all anymore except under the most sophisticated of multi-layer comps.

Until Edius is released, you'll be able to do 80% of what you can do in Premiere using the current version of Storm Edit, which is the proprietary real-time editing software that comes along with a DVStorm card.

The DVStorm also comes with a plug-in to Premiere, so you will be able to re-tool your current Premiere projects with the Storm's realtime transitions and filters.

http://www.canopus.com

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | The best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Robert Knecht Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2003, 05:25 AM   #3
Wrangler

Also see my reply to your first question

"Rendering question in adobe premiere 6.5 rendering is way too long!"

All the best,

Ed

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Ed Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects