magic bullet 24p help at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old February 6th, 2007, 06:04 PM   #1
Regular Crew

magic bullet 24p help

i follow everything in the manual all the settings, however when i export my 1080i or 720i footage out of AE7 both using both m2ts and avi.s i can see little interlacing in the footage, it looks 24 frames i think but i dunno if its 24p. What am I doing wrong if someone tells me a good place to upload the footage i can show you all an example of what i mean. The interlacing looks less than the original but still seems like it is there. Is this normal for magic bullet?
Jack Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2007, 12:52 AM   #2
Regular Crew

anyone? i'll post a sample soon.
Jack Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2007, 02:17 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I recommend to render via Magic Bullet to Targa sequence and 25p. Thereafter import to a NLE, edit, add some color and export to tape. Then capture back to NLE and compress to format whatever you need. This way I have achieved very nice and smooth film look.

Regards,
Margus
Margus Lillemagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2007, 06:51 PM   #4
Regular Crew

If I understand correctly, after you've deinterlaced you're seeing some interlaced artifacts? Are they showing up in the areas on the edges of things? This can sometimes occur with deinterlacing systems. While Magic Bullet is very, very, good, no system is perfect. When you deinterlace you are still throwing away 1/2 your image data and if you shot at 60i you're losing about a 1/3 of your temporal data as well, and the software is filling in the blanks.

That said, did you deinterlace with the de-artifacter on? It can help remove those issues sometimes. I also suggest you check out Magic Bullet's tech support on Toolfarm.com or checkout Stu's bulletin board at rebelsguide.com
Old February 7th, 2007, 06:54 PM   #5
Regular Crew

thanks guys ill try that out

i am seeing the interlacing around the edges but i havent tried the deartifactor, which setting for that do you suggest if the footage is 1080i60?
Jack Major is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects