Vue 6 Infinite, any tutorials/books to recommend? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old May 18th, 2007, 05:21 PM   #1
Trustee

Vue 6 Infinite, any tutorials/books to recommend?

I just got myself Vue 6 Infinite. If this does not ring a bell, you may not be able to help me, but for those familiar with this software package, even if used as a plug-in to Maya or Lightwave or 3D Studio, maybe you can point me to some books or tutorials that enable me to get to grips with this software a bit quicker. Is there something like the Total Training DVD's for AE or the Trish & Chris Meyer books? Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 07:05 PM   #2
Wrangler

Hi Harm,

I've been using Vue Infinite since version 5, and version 6 is a nice upgrade. I haven't looked recently, but a couple of years ago I couldn't find any books. Several general 3d books had examples of scenes using the regular version of Vue. But basically I just learned it all myself the hard way. It's a really fantastic software package, although still a few bugs.

Have you worked through the tutorials and played with the examples which come with the software? There are quite a few which I found helpful. If you got the download version then you won't have the printed manual (not sure if there even is a hardcopy manual for version 6, but I have one for version 5). I found the manual pretty helpful.

Also, have you seen the tutorials on their website? They will also help get you started: http://www.e-onsoftware.com/support/tutorials/
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 07:25 PM   #3
Trustee

Boyd,

I downloaded the PLE version yesterday and this was my first encounter with e-on. I tried it out and was so impressed that today I ordered the full down loadable version. I haven't received the download link yet, but I assume it will be even more complete than the PLE version. I'll also have a look at Cornucopia3D and see what they offer. What are your favorites from them?

The manual included with the PLE version is 589 pages long, and I'm currently on page 128 (yeah, I skipped a few pages.), so it is a long way to go. I've been looking at the tutorials on their site, but the features and power of this program is so enormous that some hand holding may be welcome.

OTOH, I learned editing by myself, so I'm an autodidact and the great thing about that is that I had an idiot as a teacher (grin). So maybe I have to just experiment and learn it the same way you did master it.

Thanks for your reply.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2007, 04:30 PM   #4
New Boot

Vue has links to training from their website.

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/resources/?page=training

And Asile FX has training for the program -

http://www.asilefx.com/productlist.p...tCategoryID=28
William Cusick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2007, 08:21 AM   #5
New Boot

gnomon makes a good one.

http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/dvds/esu03.html
Adam Clark is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects