Casio developing 300 fps CMOS based camera - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Video Industry News
Events, press releases, bulletins and dispatches from the DV world at large.

Old September 3rd, 2007, 03:32 PM   #16
Regular Crew

I am afraid & shure the way to control focus, aperture and zoom while shooting will be awful .. so its great for special things, but will not replace a real motion camera, even if the quality is better.

A Idea how to handle the datarate: maybe the cam doesnt record a real image (jpeg) sequence but uses a interframe codec like H.264 - later, when you acess a single image, it generates a jpeg from it. This might be a chance to handle the datarate. But this also might cause the image quality of a "interpolated" serial image is much lower then what we know from other photo cams. This also needs a very powerful internal processor - anybody out there owning a desktop Mac or PC which can do high Quality H.264 encoding @60fps in realtime ?
Holger Leonhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2007, 05:03 PM   #17
Trustee

I really want to do good slow motion. This may fit the bill. I am not yet ready to move up from SD and good slow mo would really help enhance some of the nature stuff I video as well as give me a good cam to do stills.
Mark Williams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News