DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Digital Video Industry News (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/)
-   -   Blackmagic Design Announces Lower Prices for Intensity Pro, DeckLink SDI and HDLink (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/219030-blackmagic-design-announces-lower-prices-intensity-pro-decklink-sdi-hdlink.html)

Guy Cochran April 20th, 2009 11:31 AM

Blackmagic Design Announces Lower Prices for Intensity Pro, DeckLink SDI and HDLink

Blackmagic Design: Press Release Details
Blackmagic Design Announces Lower Prices for Intensity Pro, DeckLink SDI and HDLink Pro

NAB 2009, Las Vegas, NV, USA -- April 20, 2009 -- Blackmagic Design Inc. today announced new lower prices for Intensity Pro, DeckLink SDI and HDLink Pro products.

Intensity Pro is now reduced from $349 to $199, saving customers $150. Intensity Pro is the leading HDMI and high quality analog component and composite capture and playback card for videographers.

DeckLink SDI is now reduced from $395 to $295, saving customers $100. DeckLink SDI includes the highest quality 10 bit SD/HD-SDI capture and playback, while also including features high end customers really need, such as black burst/HD tri-sync reference input, and RS-422 deck control.

HDLink Pro is now reduced from $795 to $495 saving customers $300. The original HDLink model is now discontinued, and HDLink Pro is the replacement for that model and with more features! HDLink Pro supports 3 Gb/s SDI Dual Link, 3D lookup tables, and support for real time monitoring of 2K on a 30 inch LCD display.

DeckLink SDI and HDLink Pro will be on display at NAB 2009 at the Blackmagic Design booth SL10820.

“We think these new low prices will make it even easier for our customers to keep upgrading their studios,” said Grant Petty, CEO, Blackmagic Design. “We always work very hard to keep prices as low as possible and we are always very pleased when we manage to pull off another price reduction!”
Availability

Intensity Pro, DeckLink SDI and HDLink Pro are shipping now from all Blackmagic Design resellers.
Press Photography

Photos of all Blackmagic Design products are available at Blackmagic Design: Product Images.
About Blackmagic Design Inc.

Blackmagic Design Inc. manufactures the world’s highest quality video editing products, converters and routers for the post-production and television broadcast industries. The Multibridge, DeckLink and Intensity family of products have revolutionized the post production industry and made HDTV and film editing more affordable. Founded by the world’s leading editors and engineers from the post production industry, this knowledge is constantly fed back into our products. Blackmagic Design has operations in the USA, United Kingdom, Japan, Singapore, and Australia. For more information, please check Blackmagic Design.

Marshall Staton April 20th, 2009 08:40 PM

Holy cow, that's great!

Christopher Drews April 20th, 2009 09:46 PM

BlackMagic at NAB

I was at the booth today and it is shocking that they don't even have the Intensity Pro nor the Decklink SDI on the floor for people to see. The rep actually looked at me like I was crazy for requesting to see such a "basic" product. "Oh - The Decklink only has SDI I/O and deckcontrol and was released in January."

It's weird because they have every mini-convertor known to man on the floor but not all their cards.
-C

Guy Cochran April 24th, 2009 04:42 PM

If you're interested in learning a little bit more about the Blackmagic Intensity, here's a short video introduction:

HD Monitoring in Final Cut Pro

David Knaggs April 24th, 2009 05:22 PM

Very nicely done, Guy. I enjoyed the video. Keep them coming.

However, it needs to be pointed out that the statement, "HDV is 1080i," is not correct.

HDV is 1080i and 720p.

A 768-line monitor is fine for HDV1 (720p).

Christopher Drews April 24th, 2009 05:26 PM

Do you think Black Magic reduced their prices because of Matrox's Mini (which essentially the same thing, only 10 bit w/ potential to accelerate H.264)? It is interesting to see Matrox go after BlackMagic like that.

-C

Guy Cochran April 25th, 2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Knaggs (Post 1132849)
Very nicely done, Guy. I enjoyed the video. Keep them coming.

However, it needs to be pointed out that the statement, "HDV is 1080i," is not correct.

HDV is 1080i and 720p.

A 768-line monitor is fine for HDV1 (720p).

Thanks for pointing that out. I added the 720p in an annotation. Can't forget about the JVC peeps.

Clint Harmon April 25th, 2009 09:23 PM

Looks like I know what my next purchase will be :)

Peter Moretti April 29th, 2009 04:02 AM

Any word on a laptop version?

Gary Bettan April 29th, 2009 02:51 PM

Of course it's because of the MXO2 Mini! The mini can be used with a workstation or laptop for $449. Pc or Mac.

Now add in MXO2 Mini w/ Max - for $849. massively accelerated HD or SD H.264 encoding for Blu-ray, flash, web or iPod. Video looks GREAT! Once again workstation or laptop, PC or Mac!!

Hey, at $199 Intensity Pro is a no brainer. As long as Black Magic will support it, they are going to sell off the hook.

Ain't competition grand!!

Gary

Matt Vanecek May 1st, 2009 07:11 PM

What with many new laptops coming with eSATA ports built in, the express card slot will be wide open for the MXO2 mini! I may just have to get one of those. Any idea if it'll work with Cineform?

The BlackMagic Intensity would be great if it was mobile. The only solution (so far) to mobilize Intensity puts that total package price close to or about $1K US, where the MXO2 mini is easily switchable between a PC and a laptop, or between multiple laptops.

Looks promising...

Matt

Gary Bettan May 2nd, 2009 08:58 AM

I have the guys at Cineform and Matrox looking into if they work together, and what needs to get done if they don't. I'm very optimistic.

Gary

Ray Bell May 3rd, 2009 10:50 AM

The Cineform/Matrox MXO2mini would be a very nice match....

All you would have to do to get this to work with a laptop for portability would be to supply
a power source... a nice battery. (have to carry laptop)

There are four other options that are available...

The DIY with the Cineform/Blackmagic Intensity/adpator/battery solution... around $400
for the hardware, plus the cost of Cineform (still have to carry the laptop)

The Convergent Design Nano Flash ($3800) or XDR Flash ($4800) (don't have to have the
laptop)

And a new member... the AJA Ki Pro... ($4000)... but it has alot going for it even at that
price.

Kristian Lam May 31st, 2009 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christopher Drews (Post 1118319)
I was at the booth today and it is shocking that they don't even have the Intensity Pro nor the Decklink SDI on the floor for people to see. The rep actually looked at me like I was crazy for requesting to see such a "basic" product. "Oh - The Decklink only has SDI I/O and deckcontrol and was released in January."

It's weird because they have every mini-convertor known to man on the floor but not all their cards.
-C

Hi Christopher,

The Intensity Pro card was actually running on the last workstation to the right of the booth at NAB 2009. Unfortunately, we did not have an actual card on display so you can physically see it but that's due to the shortage of space at the booth.

At next NAB, our booth is as big as Grass Valley's so I'm sure we'll be able to display everything then. :)

Peter Moretti June 1st, 2009 02:11 AM

Is BM working on a laptop version of Intensity?