DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Digital Video Industry News (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/)
-   -   Chris Hurd quoted in Videography Mag (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/2235-chris-hurd-quoted-videography-mag.html)

Mike Avery May 31st, 2002 08:04 AM

Chris Hurd quoted in Videography Mag

Hey Chris,

I saw the ad in this month's Videography for the Firestore where they quoted you....pretty cool.

Mike Avery

Chris Hurd May 31st, 2002 07:47 PM

Thanks Mike... I guess that's pretty cool... I haven't seen it yet and had no idea about it.

Steve Nunez May 31st, 2002 08:03 PM

Influence

It's obvious that Chris' site has generated phenomenal interest in the XL1S and in no small way contributes to the general knowledge found on the internet today (re: the XL & 1S)

...why Canon hasn't sent you a 1S is beyond me- you'd think they'd want you to have the newest model so that you could respond to questions and useage of the lastest 1S with direct information....

you have my vote-

c'mon Canon send Chris an "S" - he's helped so many here decide on picking one up due to the information on his site! An "S" in his hands could only be beneficial to everyone.

Thanks Chris for keeping up with XL happeneings and keeping this information exchange going- it is appreciated by all whom visit this forum and your site.

Chris Hurd May 31st, 2002 08:06 PM

Thanks for the kind words, Steve... however Canon USA just doesn't give those things away... Steven Soderbergh had to return the two he borrowed to shoot Full Frontal! I'm very happy with my "bought & paid for" plain-jane XL1, it still amazes me, all those Hi-8 memories haven't completely faded away yet!

Steve Nunez May 31st, 2002 08:38 PM

toot-toot

I understand that 100%- but I'm pretty sure tons of people that are considering the purchase of one of the upper end 3CCD cams have researched the XL1S and have found your site and have purchased an XL1S as a direct result of the effort you've put forth with setting up your site...while people are impressed with Steven Soderburgs choice of camera- I doubt he's impacted XL sales as your site has....

....I'm just really appreciative of the fact that I have a place to come to and read posts and post my own questions and observations regarding the XL...

...without a doubt, I purchased an XL1S as a direct result of your site.
Digital camera manufacturers occasionally give away cameras to "support site owners" and all us "1S" owners would benefit from your owning a 1S...

...i'm tooting your horn Chris because you're too humble to do it yourself

Keep up the excellent work-

Ivan Hedley Enger May 31st, 2002 11:47 PM

Chris has my vote as well

I just have to agree with Steve: "Come on Canon, give Chris an XL1s!". They must know for sure that his great job concerning information about their products must have given them a huge amount of new customers.

Steve also mention that Chris is too humble tooting his own horns, and I have to agree to that as well. I really find that beeing a fine quality in a person who have made him self such an reputation, still beeing humble and down to earth.

However, as pointed out by Steve, we who thinks that he would deserve to be awarded by Canon should speak up.

I really hope Canon understand what Chris have done for them, and that they do appreciate it by giving him an XL1s.

Please, keep up the excellent work Chris.

Bob Zimmerman May 31st, 2002 11:58 PM

I agree,,,Canon send Chris a XL-1s or better yet the XL2. Think big Canon. Reading this site over a few month sold me on the Xl1.

ErikFilmcrew June 1st, 2002 05:25 AM

Some two years ago, I thought about maybe buying the XL1.

Chris's site made up my mind. And I'm very pleased by my XL1.

Thanks Chris,

Regards,

Erik

Rob Lohman June 1st, 2002 07:01 AM

I agree on all three points. I bought my XL1S too after thorougly
reading this site and the forums (before joining myself) ... I can
remember that I saw the XL1 a number of years back, thinking,
wow, that is a great camera..... now I actually own one. Life is
just to good sometimes!

My vote is here for Chris' XL1S!

Steve Nunez June 1st, 2002 08:36 AM

Request

Several readers of this forum have contacted me via email suggesting a sort of "request" that Canon supply Chris with an XL1S. I feel compelled to collect these emails and forward them as a combined "request" on behalf of the Canon user's of this forum (not to mention the possible hundereds or thousands that have read through the site but have not registered- but nonetheless read and researched XL info- and have purchased as a result)....the internet is the no.1 source of information these days and if thousands have researched the XL via your site- Canon should be more than happy to supply you with a personal XL1S- you just can't buy this sort of advertising- Canon has no online support as good as the Watchdog site or this forum...the worst thing that can happen to us XL owners is that you decide to discontinue the site...your effort should be rewarded- plain and simple.....

...if anyone cares to "request" that Mr. Chris Hurd be given an XL1S via email- send email to me at
stevenyc1@aol.com- they will be collected and compiled into one long letter and sent to various entities at Canon USA...

...consider us selfish Chris- we just want you to have a newer "S" model so that you can directly comment or answer questions based on this model instead of the older XL model.

Canon user's unite and send those requests!

(OK Chris, I know you're dying laughing- but don't under-estimate the power of prosumer enthusiasts in mass..this would bebenfit everyone in the end- including Canon)

Michael Chen June 1st, 2002 11:43 AM

I must say that Chris deserved for the XL1s and the quote in Videography after all the hardwork he had put into this site.

I am also one of the many who has purchased the XL1s due to the info I found from this site.

Keep up the good work Chris!

Justin Chin June 1st, 2002 12:03 PM

Here Here.

This place has become an obsession with me and will have bought 2 XL1's because of it.

Cheers, Chris.

Phil French June 2nd, 2002 09:24 PM

I've been following Chris's site for years. I bought my XL1s recently and who knows if that would have happened without the existance of the watchdog? Having an independant source of information and a forum to exchange ideas and voice our concerns is reassuring to anyone thinking of making the leap and purchase an XL1s. Give Chris an "s" - no strings attached.

ronluc8667 June 3rd, 2002 07:16 AM

When I made my decision to purchase my 2 XL1s cameras, all of my research came from or originated from this forum. If I did not find this site, I most likely would have purchased Sony because of others sites I visited regarding information on those cameras.

Ron

Adam Wakely June 5th, 2002 12:11 AM

Ditto for me!