DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Digital Video Industry News (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/)
-   -   GPU Decoder for Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/238863-gpu-decoder-sony-vegas-adobe-premiere.html)

Robin Lobel July 11th, 2009 09:13 AM

GPU Decoder for Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere

1 Attachment(s)
GPU Decoder plugin for Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere enable realtime GPU decoding and editing of h.264 video files (ACVHD files and files from Canon EOS 5D Mark II).

More informations and trial version available on www.divideframe.com

Perrone Ford July 11th, 2009 09:31 AM

This is worrisome:

"GPU Decoder Vegas 1.x
Support Vegas Pro 9.0a (x86) and higher.
partial support on Vegas Pro 9.0 (x86)*"

Considering 9.0a doesn't exist and hasn't been announced.

I hope you cleared advertising the thing with Chris...

Robin Lobel July 11th, 2009 09:50 AM

Perrone Ford: I don't think that's a secret every version of Vegas gets updated.

As for the subject, this forum is dedicated to "Digital Video Industry News" so I think this is in-topic and might interest some video makers here, since it has long been a problem to edit AVCHD and Canon EOS 5DMK2 files realtime.

Perrone Ford July 11th, 2009 10:06 AM

I wish you all the best.

Greg Boston July 11th, 2009 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Lobel (Post 1170417)
As for the subject, this forum is dedicated to "Digital Video Industry News" so I think this is in-topic and might interest some video makers here, since it has long been a problem to edit AVCHD and Canon EOS 5DMK2 files realtime.

Bringing video industry news to the attention of members is a good thing unless it's your own product and you are receiving financial gain from it. If the latter, you are really trying to get free advertising as opposed to being a 3rd party who merely discovers and/or tries a working solution that will benefit others.

-gb-

Randy Johnson July 13th, 2009 05:40 PM

seems exciting! Does it require a special plug-in for Premiere? Will it work with a Black-magic card? Also will it work with Panasonic AVCHD files? it may be just what the doctor ordered for me.

Wolfgang Winne July 14th, 2009 02:06 AM

Where is the readme File for the GPU Decoder? In my Vegas 9 Pro (Vista 32) I cannot see the plugIn....?

in "Vegas Pro 9/FileIO Plug-Ins" is a new "GPU decoder Vegas"

http://www.fxsupport.de/test/plugin.gif

Matt Vanecek July 14th, 2009 07:27 AM

Really, I'd rather have a real-time GPU *encoder*, not decoder, for Premiere Pro, that doesn't involve a video card costing more than $1000.

Robin Lobel July 14th, 2009 08:20 AM

Randy Johnson: it is a plug-in for Vegas/Premiere. It only works with NVIDIA cards. It does work with Panasonic AVCHD files.

Wolfgang Winne: agree, one readme should be added

edit: a readme has been added

Robert M Wright July 14th, 2009 11:33 AM

I'd like to see something like this for Edius.

Noa Put July 14th, 2009 02:00 PM

After I installed the trial version of the gpu decoder premiere cs3 refused to start up, When I de-installed the decoder again all worked fine. That's not supposed to happen, right?

Brian Boyko July 14th, 2009 02:14 PM

I'm still on Vegas 8.

Additionally, I'd second the fact that I really need an H.264 GPU -encoder- for Vegas.

Randy Johnson July 14th, 2009 02:16 PM

two more questions I downloaded the demo, does it work with Premiere 4.1 or just 3.x? Also I have a nvidia 9800 would I get signicantly better performance with a better card?

Guy McLoughlin July 15th, 2009 09:31 AM

Interesting technology, but right now it doesn't support 64-bit Vegas or ATI based video cards, so it won't do me much good.

Vasco Dones July 16th, 2009 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Boston (Post 1170511)
Bringing video industry news to the attention of members is a good thing unless it's your own product and you are receiving financial gain from it. If the latter, you are really trying to get free advertising as opposed to being a 3rd party who merely discovers and/or tries a working solution that will benefit others.

-gb-

(copy&paste from the website):
About DIVIDE FRAME

DIVIDE FRAME is dedicated to fill the gap between emergent technologies and broadcast professionals.
Headquartered in Paris, France and founded in 2009, the company is led by Robin Lobel, independant R&D Engineer, who has been working for several years in post-production.

DIVIDE FRAME focus on producing realtime solutions using latest technologies to help professionals from the video and film industry complete their projects faster.
(end quote)

Hope Robin Lobel cleared this thing with Chris...

Best

Vasco