DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Digital Video Industry News (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/)
-   -   Announcing 2nd Annual FCPUG Amsterdam SuperMeet (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/238943-announcing-2nd-annual-fcpug-amsterdam-supermeet.html)

Michael Horton July 12th, 2009 11:04 PM

Announcing 2nd Annual FCPUG Amsterdam SuperMeet

The Second Annual Amsterdam SuperMeet will be held on Sunday, September 13 at the Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky in Amsterdam, Netherlands alongside the IBC2009 tradeshow. We are currently raising funds for this event and have no fear that despite the present economy and the "doom and gloom" that permeates throughout current discussion, the Amsterdam SuperMeet will draw record attendance and continue to inspire.

The Hotel Krasnapolsky is located in the heart of Amsterdam just a short tram ride away from the REI center that will host IBC2009. The hotel's not only easy to get to, but it's a beautiful venue to visit and network in.

Tickets for the Amsterdam SuperMeet will go sale online only, July 20, 2009. It is expected that the Second Annual Amsterdam SuperMeet will sell out as historically every SuperMeet sells out.

For complete details on the Amsterdam SuperMeet including agenda, current list of raffle items and a link to where to buy tickets visit the Second Annual Amsterdam SuperMeet web pages at:

Los Angeles Final Cut Pro User Group and Second Annual Amsterdam SuperMeet || Final Cut Pro User Group Network.

Phil Bloom July 15th, 2009 04:07 PM

That's a great venue Michael!!

Michael Horton July 15th, 2009 04:10 PM

Yeah. Very lucky to have it.

Michael Horton August 30th, 2009 10:33 AM

Agenda set for 2nd Annual Amsterdam FCPUG SuperMeet

The Final Cut Pro User Group Network have announced that the agenda is now set for the Second Annual Amsterdam FCPUG SuperMeet to be held Sunday 13 September, 2009 beginning at 17:00 at The Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky in the heart of Amsterdam, NL. This event is expected to be the largest gathering of Final Cut Studio users, Gurus and Digital Filmmakers during the annual IBC trade show.
Scheduled to appear will be Final Cut Pro co-creator Michael Wohl who will show off the new features as well as discuss what we need to know about the recently announced and shipping, Final Cut Pro 7.

Also scheduled on the agenda and in order of appearance will be:

Apple Certified Trainer, editor and designer Simon Walker will show “How to do a Grade with Color 1.5 in just 10 Minutes.”

Jason Levine, Sr. Worldwide Evangelist for Adobe, is back on the SuperMeet stage to share the latest integration between Final Cut and Creative Suite 4 Production Premium. Jason will show how to take your FCP sequences into Premiere Pro CS4 and dynamically create complex, rich Blu-Ray discs in Encore CS4, building your menus natively in Photoshop CS4, and even creating motion menus and transitions in After Effects CS4.

Space Digital's Simon Blackledge and Gary Kelly will once again take the SuperMeet stage with brand new tips on the importance of choosing 'the right tools for the job'.

MacVideo.tv’s Rick Young and JVC’s Semir Nouri will show off the incredibly simple workflow and show some stunning footage from the recently introduced compact hand-held GY-HM100 3-CCD camcorder and the compact shoulder-mount GY-HM700, the industry's first professional camcorders to store files in the native QuickTime format for Apple's Final Cut Pro.

The organizers of the SuperMeet also intend to turn the show over to the audience for an interactive discussion with Final Cut Studio experts who will answer any and all questions on the NEW Final Cut Studio as well as listen to user feedback and feature requests for future versions of Final Cut Studio. This portion of the meeting will be videotaped and later put on the internet for the world to see.

Also expected on stage will be a “Show and Tell” from a soon to be announced EU filmmaker.

Rounding out the evening will be the always wild "World Famous Raffle" where over €35,000 Euros of valuable prizes will be handed out to dozens of lucky winners.

Doors will open at 17:00 featuring the “FCP Showcase,” where attendees will be able to get up close and personal with 26 vendors and small developers who will be showcasing their solutions for digital filmmakers and Final Cut users. The SuperMeet will begin promptly at 19:00.

Tickets for the Amsterdam SuperMeet are selling fast and are available for sale online for only €15.00 Euros each (Students with valid ID need only pay €10.50 each). Tickets may be available at the door for €20.00 each but it is expected this event will sell out as historically every SuperMeet sells out.

Food, (snacks) will be served throughout the evening and cash bars will be available. For daily updates as well as directions to the The Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky in Dam Square, details on the agenda and a current list of raffle prizes, visit the Amsterdam FCPUG SuperMeet web sites:

FCPUG Amsterdam 2009 SuperMeet

http://fcpugnetwork.org/

Michael Horton September 6th, 2009 11:52 PM

Only six more days until the biggest event outside of the IBC show floor. Learn about FCP 7, hang with over 25 exhibitors and over 500 of your peers. Get a chance to win over $43,000 worth of prizes. Get your tickets now.

FCPUG Amsterdam 2009 SuperMeet

Floris van Eck September 14th, 2009 05:19 AM

I had a great time yesterday. I saw a lot of great things at IBC. But more importantly, I attended my first SuperMeet and I loved it.

- Great venue with a nice exhibition of Final Cut related gear and software
- Very good, insightful presentations
- Shameless product plugging
- Jason from Adobe is completely nuts but I guess everyone knew that already
- The raffle... I guess Michael has swineflu now after all the hugging

It was my first SuperMeet but definitely not my last.

Keep up the great work guys!

Michael Horton September 14th, 2009 10:56 AM

We had a blast last night due in no small part to the wonderful people in the crowd. Best audience we have had in years. Cant wait to come back to Amsterdam and do it all again next year.

Looking forward next time to meeting more great people like you.

Mike