DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Digital Video Industry News (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/)
-   -   New Guide Articles available on Videoguys.com (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/242461-new-guide-articles-available-videoguys-com.html)

Gary Bettan August 5th, 2009 06:52 AM

New Guide Articles available on Videoguys.com

We've had a very busy summer so far at Videoguys.com. We've added a bunch of new Guide articles, tons of Blog posts, and lots of new products from many new vendors. We've also added special Videoguys' Bonus Packs to our top-selling products from Adobe, Grass Valley and the exciting new Apple Final Cut Studio 3!

* Attention Final Cut Editors: It's Time to Upgrade... Read this first!
Attention Final Cut Editors! Now is the time to upgrade your edit suite. On July 23rd Apple stunned the industry with their release of Apple Final Cut Studio 3 featuring Apple Final Cut Pro 7. The Videoguys have put together all kinds of great bundles with Final Cut Studio 3 and the upgrade to FCS3 that will save you money and deliver you extra value. These bundles address the needs of the video editors we speak to daily and will help you make the most of your system.
Videoguys Blog - Attention Final Cut Editors: It's Time to Upgrade... Read this first!

* Top Reasons to Buy Grass Valley's HDSTORM or HDSPARK Bundle with EDIUS 5 Software
The Videoguys are very excited to be carrying the full line of Grass Valley EDIUS editing solutions. We have always been big fans of the original Canopus hardware technology and now, under the Grass Valley umbrella, they have taken the industry by storm (pun intended) with their integrated hardware NLE solutions. No other company delivers so much power and performance with such a wide choice of hardware configurations.
Videoguys Blog - Top Reasons to Buy Grass Valley's HDSTORM or HDSPARK Bundle with Edius 5 Software

* What is the Difference Between Consumer Video Editing Software and 'Real' NLEs (Non Linear Editing)?
Inexpensive Consumer Video Editing programs like Pinnacle Studio, Adobe Premiere Elements, Sony Vegas Movie Studio, Apple iMovie, Windows MovieMaker are easy and fun to use. In fact, I think they are pretty amazing. While these products can be purchased for less then one hundred dollars they deliver a level of performance and features that would have cost 10 times as much just 5 years ago! While these products allow you to edit your video, create slideshows, author DVDs and export them to the web, the actual features are limited and if you want to do some serious video editing, you will find you can outgrow them pretty quickly.
Videoguys Blog - What is the Difference Between Consumer Video Editing Software and 'Real' NLEs (Non Linear Editing)?

* Videoguys' FAQ: Matrox MXO2
We've updated our MXO2 FAQ to include information about the new Matrox MXO2 Mini, and the Matrox MXO2 family with Matrox MAX H.264 encoding acceleration technology! The Matrox MXO2 Mini family of products are revolutionary new HD I/O devices from Matrox that support both PC and Mac workstations and laptops! MXO2 Mini connects to your workstation via an internal PCIe slot, or connects to your laptop via the ExpressCard/34 slot.
Videoguys Blog - Videoguys' FAQ: Matrox MXO2

* Videoguys Guide to Understanding HD Formats
If you are reading this article, I think it's a pretty safe bet that you have a big screen HDTV in your house. Now that you have it, you wonder how you ever watched sports or the latest action movie or a documentary or even the cooking channel without it. I know that now when I watch standard definition TV, all I can think about is how much better it would look in HD! Let's face it, everything just looks better in HD. The goal of this guide is to provide you with a general foundation of knowledge about each of the most popular HD formats, so that you can use this information as part of your decision. It is not a technical manual. I am going to do my best to avoid tech speak and keep it in simple to understand terms.
Videoguys Blog - Videoguys Guide to Understanding HD Formats

We've also added a bunch of new vendors, products and other cool stuff. Check it out What's New at Videoguys.com!

Gary