Chris Hurd to leave DVinfo for secret Canon testing plant at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Video Industry News
Events, press releases, bulletins and dispatches from the DV world at large.

Old April 1st, 2005, 02:30 AM   #1
Chimera Lighting

Chris Hurd to leave DVinfo for secret Canon testing plant

DVINFO.NET Corp. discloses terms of Chris Hurd's departure

DVINFO.NET Corp. discloses terms of Chris Hurd's departure

United States News Org.(Dow Jones/RV) -- DVINFO.NET Corp. disclosed Thursday the terms of departure for President and Chief Executive Chris Hurd, who has agreed to become CEO of Canon Video.

Hurd, who had worked at DVINFO.NET for 25 years before his resignation Wednesday, won't receive any severance pay or severance benefits and will forfeit any unvested restricted stock and unvested stock options.

He has 900 days to exercise and then they will check his weight and let him know any vested stock options, DVINFO.NET said in a Securities and Exchange Commission filing.

Hurd's employment package with Canon Video includes equity grants to make up for compensation he forfeits by leaving DVINFO.NET and he gets land in Indonesia, he gets a puppy named Photon he can keep for 3 years before it has to go to Iraq and train dog robots that Hurd is developing for the Pentagon.

Hurd led Texas based DVINFO.NET since March 1999. The company is an innovator of artistic communication, lighting and idea storage systems.

Hurd was tapped Tuesday to lead Canon Video and develop a flying camera that can work with remote control. Hurd starts work Friday at Canon Video's top-secret faculty known as C-9 and its location is unknown but believed to be located under the land where the burning man festival is held each year in NV near Pyramid Lake.

According to DVinfo.net’s most recent annual proxy statement, as of last Dec. 31, Hurd held 2 million in unvested restricted shares that the company valued at twelve dollars and fifteen cents.

The proxy, filed this month with the SEC, also disclosed Hurd beneficially held 1.1 million DVINFO.NET shares as of last Dec. 31. Of those, 959,850 represented shares underlying options that were exercisable within 60 days of the end of 2004. The value of these share is undisclosed but believed to be around $1000 dollars US.

As reported, in the last two months Hurd has sold nearly 150,000 shares from stock-option exercises and vested restricted stock. His unrestricted stock is said to be worth 400 shiny nickles.

DVINFO.NET said Hurd agreed to provide certain post-termination assistance,'' including reviewing policy with the company's female interns in his office with the door closed, helping the clueless new CEO with operating plans and making funny faces and sleeping at meetings. Hurd agreed to help with DVinfo.net’s first-quarter SEC filing of SEC papers but has yet to talk to anyone but his SECratay so sources say he may be confused. The biggest problem was if Hurd would bring donuts and wear clothes to the all the meetings, said an insider who would not be quoted by name. After tense negotiation with Canon USA they made a deal.
It will be good to see Chris go," said Ken who would not disclose his last name.
"He is a good CEO but he needs to wear more than just a hat at least and he never brought donuts to any meeting I was at."
Hurd's spokeswoman, Paris Hilton, said that he was unavailable and had no comment at this time but would be seeing him later. Paris added,"What do you want him to say? I can make him say anything you know!" And then she winked and smiled.
Old April 1st, 2005, 05:42 AM   #2
Major Player

16 hours to go ...

4-2-05 can't get here quick enough.

O.K. Rich ... since no one else is going to chime in: Hahaha ... very witty. Best written word parody I have seen in some time.
Jimmy McKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2005, 06:02 AM   #3
Major Player

Happy April Fool's Day!
Old April 1st, 2005, 07:22 AM   #4
Trustee

Lol!! I started reading that and my heart sank...

Who else would put up with my crap?? LOL
Old April 1st, 2005, 09:00 AM   #5
Wrangler

Re: Chris Hurd to leave DVinfo for secret Canon testing plant

<<<-- Originally posted by Richard Veil :

It will be good to see Chris go," said Ken who would not disclose his last name.
"He is a good CEO but he needs to wear more than just a hat at least and he never brought donuts to any meeting I was at." -->>>

LMAO!

Ok that made my morning!
Old April 1st, 2005, 07:24 PM   #6
Obstreperous Rex

Holy cow, Richard! You've violated your NDA! This news wasn't supposed to go out until NAB Day One!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2005, 07:34 PM   #7
Chimera Lighting

Oh my god you mean my shares are invalid now

I got confused.

a million pennies gone..

Chris can I still have my solid gold car?

You are so cool dude.

hey let me say this here if I may..

Chimera is clueless on what I do. Sometimes so am I.
I am having dealers write letters for my pres Gary Delfium at NAB.
I don't make a commision, Chimera just pays me and I love helping people here there.. everywhere.

If you want to pass on a comment for me to pass along please send your thoughts good or bad about me, chimera and any questions I may not have addressed. But if you say anything about Chris I will send Paris over to...

wait that won't work.

I saw an article about Hurd.. ncr or nrc and I got the idea.
last night I made the time and I am glad it has been well recieved.
I really enjoyed it. And enjoy helping and being helped by you.
I live in Santa Cruz CA and they are in Boulder CO and put up with my crazy ways but they don't see the side you see so maybe you want me to let them know.

richardv@chimeralighting.com
Happy weekend and may your muse visit often
I got the vibe that that trade show buzz is gonna be kickin real loud at Nab.

Ok Chris you post I want your name on this not mine.
r
Old May 11th, 2005, 11:48 AM   #8
Chimera Lighting

Hurd's Robot dog prototype. You rock Chris

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4534451.stm

WE miss u CH
BUT god knows we need those robot dogs

r

ps thanks for splitting your time between us and canon

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News