DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Digital Video Industry News (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/)
-   -   Greg Boston's NAB clips (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/43196-greg-bostons-nab-clips.html)

Chris Hurd April 18th, 2005 07:34 PM

Greg Boston's NAB clips

Howdy from Vegas,

Here's Greg Boston's HVX & HD100 clips: www.dvinfo.net/media/nab2005

More to come... trouble is finding a decent connection to upload from... but once I get back there'll be a lot more!

One clip is the HVX200 and HD100... the other clip is Charles Papert test driving a new toy.

Enjoy,

Luis Caffesse April 18th, 2005 08:26 PM

Thanks for putting those up Chris.
Greg was trying to send them to me earlier, and we couldn't get the email attachment working.

You've got more bandwidth than i do anyhow
:)

www.videoindie.com
HVX News, Links, and Updates as I get them

Zack Birlew April 18th, 2005 08:46 PM

Chris, I was looking around for people from DVInfo but nobody did I see! There were tons of people, so this should be of no surprise. I did see Jan and Adam Wilt talking to eachother around the HVX200 case though. I wanted to introduce myself but Jan was busy talking to people about the HVX200 and Adam walked somewhere else. Oh well, I made up for it when I went around and flirted with the attractive greenscreen setup girls whenever I came across them ;).

BTW, Chris, you'd BEST see the South upper area tommorow, it's got all kinds of cool stuff! Some of the highlights were the Century Optics booth with their FREAKING HUGE fisheye lense for the FX1/Z1U, the dual DVX100A 3D setup booth, a fully wraparound camera that films everything within the surrounding area, and the nicely set up P+S Technik XL2 at the Canon booth! Well, I've got to rest my bleedin' legs for tommorow when I go to "in depth" mode and raid all the halls again for things I may have missed! =)

BTW, can we videotape things in there? Or is it restricted to flash photography? I only took a few snaps and realized how hopeless it was *,*.

Adam Burtle April 19th, 2005 02:54 AM

Chris, i'll come by and see you tomorrow if i get time. today got cut drastically short because of unforseen matters, so i barely got anytime at nab (despite that, i still snapped 50-60 pics or so, and i'll post them in a seperate thread).

---EDIT.. doh.. just saw a diff. thread (i dont get much time to browse here) saying how you're not @ the canon booth this year. well, maybe i'll spot your amongst the thousands of teeming masses

Charles King April 19th, 2005 05:08 AM

CP, that item in the first clip seems familiar. I happened to have seen something like that last year but can't remeber where. Pretty good idea which totally eliminates the work of going from high mode to low mode.

something that MK-v also as developed but in their case, it's a gimbal.

What is the name of that new toy?

Charles Papert April 19th, 2005 08:42 AM

CK, that is the MK-V Alien Revolution, the only machine of its type in production--it's been closely guarded, NAB is the first public showing of the machine. It's deceptively simple looking, but having seen prototypes of this going back a good 4 years and knowing the endless development issues that continue to this day, it's a pretty amazing achievement (an operator named Lyn Nicholson invented it and Howard is licensing the concept). Yes, you can move between low and high mode during a shot (as you can see, the monitor rotates with the camera), which allows you to fly the rig sideways over objects or through windows etc.

Cost? $45K for the AR components, and you need to have a compatible rig--the MK-V Nexus having been built from the ground up to complement the AR and its needs. Am I getting one? Not today, no.

Charles King April 19th, 2005 10:07 AM

Finally I get it. Thanks CP. Looks very interesting. Can't wait to see some pics.

Chris Hurd April 19th, 2005 05:41 PM

Hey Adam,

Catch me at one of the nightly happenings... The VASST Sony Vegas party tonight and the LAFCPUG gig over at Stardust tomorrow... details in that other thread (the one called NAB, Who's Going)

Chris Hurd April 19th, 2005 05:42 PM

And Jack, shoot away -- if you need server space for hosting clips or pics, just let me know!

Charles King April 19th, 2005 07:37 PM

CP, I was wondering how does the monitor stay level with the switch from the hight to low mode and the various odd modes? I mean you have to see the monitor while these operations are carried outt, right?

Zack Birlew April 20th, 2005 11:25 PM

Ok, Chris, I spent all day shooting stuff. What size does the video need to be and how can I send them to you?

Charles Papert April 21st, 2005 11:48 PM

CK, if you look at the clip closely you can see that the monitor rotates in sync with the camera. You have a clean view at all times.

Chris Hurd April 22nd, 2005 12:19 AM

Jack, I just got back from the airport... let me get a few hours of sleep and I'll send you an email. Thanks!

Charles King April 22nd, 2005 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Papert
CK, if you look at the clip closely you can see that the monitor rotates in sync with the camera. You have a clean view at all times.

Thanks. Servo perhaps CP? ;)