NEW! Avid Media Composer 4 is here! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Video Industry News
Events, press releases, bulletins and dispatches from the DV world at large.

Old October 2nd, 2009, 12:02 PM   #1
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

NEW! Avid Media Composer 4 is here!

Videoguys' New! Avid Media Composer 4!

Discover storytelling on the cutting edge. With the new Avid Media Composer 4 non-linear editing software, you get the speed, flexibility, and confidence you need to achieve your creative vision and deliver compelling content—on time and on budget.

Having a rock-solid system that helps you quickly sort through your material and cut together the most engaging video is crucial. Mix and match formats, frame rates, and resolutions in the open timeline. Edit XDCAM, P2, and GFCAM media directly with AMA for the fastest HD Workflows. Find the footage you need quickly with Avid's Media Management tools. When you're done Avid's integrated workflows make publishing to Blu-ray or the web a snap.

This complete boxed set includes the DVD installation and manuals for Avid Media Composer 4 along with the complete Avid Production Suite including the newest versions of Avid DVD by Sonic, Avid FX, Boris Continuum Complete, SmartSound Sonicfire Pro and Sorenson Squeeze.

Key Features of the New Avid Media Composer 4 featuring Avid AMA with Mix & Match

* The newest Avid Media Access (AMA) plug-in architecture will forever change the way you work with tapeless formats such as XDCAM, P2 and now new GFCAM support.
* Media Composer 4's new Mix & Match capability let's you combine different formats, frame rates, and resolutions all in the same timeline!
* Accelerate your cuts with ultra-accurate editing tools
* Find the best takes fast with ScriptSync
* Get real-time HD editing, in mastering picture quality, with Avid DNxHD
* Never lose media with the industry's most reliable media management
* Work with RED, 3D stereoscopic, and single-frame image files with MetaFuze
* Share projects and media for deadline-driven, real-time collaboration
* Get the look, effects, and quality you want with powerful production tools
* Deliver optimized content for the web or on DVD or Blu-ray Disc
* Get capture, editing, monitoring, output, and higher performance by integrating a Mojo DX hardware

Now is STOCK!
Avid Media Composer 4 Boxed Software plus FREE Avid Keyboard & Training DVD $2,495
Xpress DV, Xpress Pro and Media COmposer owners can upgrade for $495

Gary
Videoguys' New! Avid Media Composer 4!
Old October 6th, 2009, 07:25 AM   #2
Trustee

It's been years since I switched to FCP but I gotta say that upgrade price from Xpress is insanely good. Composer takes Xpress out back behind the woodshed any day of the week. If you've got Xpress and don't drop the $500 to upgrade to Composer you're nuts.

-Ethan Cooper
Ethan Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2009, 12:51 PM   #3

PLus the upgrade includes all the extra 3rd party software in the MC4 Suite:

Avid Production Suite including the newest versions of Avid DVD by Sonic, Avid FX, Boris Continuum Complete, SmartSound Sonicfire Pro and Sorenson Squeeze.

Gary
Old October 8th, 2009, 06:35 PM   #4
Major Player

Gary, I tried to order MC4.0 on your site but it kept throwing up red flags as I tried to enter the required information.

State, Country, Shipping Method.

Could not complete the order.
Bob Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2009, 08:37 AM   #5

Bob,

Thanks for the heads up. If something is wrong with our cart system, that's a MAJOR problem for me that I will have fixed ASAP.

In the meantime, give me call and place the order by phone 800 323-2325

At that time I'd also like to ask if I could put my webguy on the phone to troubleshoot our problem.

Thanx again,

Gary
Old October 11th, 2009, 07:57 PM   #6
Regular Crew

See MC 4.0.2 Readme's 36-page bug report first

Just a suggestion that those who are considering the purchase of, or upgrade to, MC 4.0.2 check out the readme's 36-page bug report first. In fairness, some bugs pertain only to specific cameras. Still, I found it pretty daunting.
Tom Kaminski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2009, 11:31 AM   #7
Regular Crew

as always.
I stopped updating. They were not upgrades so much as bug fixes closer to what I purchased and they always introduced new bugs. I have my current bugs memorized, thank you very much. lol
Grinner Hester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 03:13 PM   #8
Trustee

In all fairness, every NLE has bugs. A read through any of the Adobe, Vegas or FCP forums will prove this. Most of these Avid bugs, like was mentioned, are specific to certain cameras and Avid setups.

If Avid were some buggy mess, it wouldn't be the standard for cutting feature films and primetime tv, which it still is.

Also, Avid takes much greater advantage of the GPU than any other NLE does. The upside is it is faster. The downside is that it is more picky when it comes to hardware, esp. the video card.

P.S. Grinner, what version of Avid are you now running?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News