DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Digital Video Industry News (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/)
-   -   Videoguys 2009 year in Review (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/469431-videoguys-2009-year-review.html)

Gary Bettan December 14th, 2009 11:00 AM

Videoguys 2009 year in Review

As the year comes to close we wanted to share with you some of our most popular articles and guides. Videoguys.com - 2009 Year In Review!

Videoguys' 2009 Holiday Gift Guide
Recommendations for Videographers & Editors at Every Price! In these difficult economic times the one thing that is on everyone's mind is savings and value. We've kept that in mind with this year's Videoguys' Holiday Gift Guide. We've broken the guide into several categories that I think will help make your holiday shopping easier: Gizmos & Gadgets, Blu-ray Disc Authoring, Upgrades, Hardware, Plug-Ins, and Training.

Videoguys' DIY7: Intel Core i7 with Vista 64 and Windows 7 64 bit
We knew this day would come. We've been waiting for more then two years to break free from our 32-bit shackles and finally embrace the 64-bit future. We have seen the future, and we have built a machine to take full advantage of it. Videoguys DIY7 is simply the most cost effective platform for video editing we've ever put together. For under $2,000 this machine blows the doors off any DIY build article we've ever done. The jump in performance and power from DIY6 to DIY7 is nothing short of amazing.

Videoguys' FAQ: Matrox MXO2 Family of Products
The Matrox MXO2 is an award-winning product that evolved into a complete family of Hardware I/O devices from Matrox. The Matrox MXO2 Family includes 4 product variations (actually, twice as many if you count the Matrox with MAX variations). This Videoguys' FAQ has been completely updated in November 2009 to answer all of the new questions our techs hear from customers like you. This Videoguys FAQ on the Matrox MXO2 Family is dedicated to the SDI products including the MXO2 LE, MXO2 and MXO2 Rack.

Videoguys' Tips for Shooting Family/Home/Holiday Video
If you're like me, you shoot tons of video of your family. I've got hours and hours of videotape of my kids. Over the past 12 years I've learned a thing or two about getting the best possible footage. No matter how cool your NLE system is and how many awesome special effects you can add, the bottom line is - The video is only as good as the video you shoot.

Videoguys Guide to Understanding HD Formats
If you are reading this article, I think it's a pretty safe bet that you have a big screen HD TV in your house. Now that you have it, you wonder how you ever watched sports or the latest action movie or a documentary or even the cooking channel without it. I know that now when I watch standard definition TV, all I can think about is how much better it would look in HD! Lets face it, everything just looks better in HD. Well maybe not everything or everyone, but I think you get the picture.

As well as some hot new products:

Focus FS-H200 Pro:
The all new FS-H200 Pro Portable Compact Flash DTE Recorder brings ultra-reliable solid state acquisition with Direct To Edit Technology to your DV or HDV camcorder. FS-H200 Pro allows you to view thumbnails and playback proxy content, create and share MPEG4 proxy clips, assign clips to folders with custom names during recording using the REELS functionality, and much more. FS-H200 Pro utilizes standard Type 1 removable Compact Flash media which provides fast, reliable, and low-cost recording..

Grass Valley EDIUS Neo 2 with AVCHD Booster Option:
The new EDIUS Neo 2 Booster allows for smooth, full-frame editing of native AVCHD video in software only, courtesy of a newly-developed AVCHD codec engine that can process more than 3 real-time streams simultaneously with EDIUS Neo 2 (tested with an Intel Core i7 CPU system).

MOTU HDX-SDI SDI - HDMI - Analog video interface for Mac and Windows:
The HDX-SDI video interface turns a Mac or PC desktop or laptop computer into a powerful HD/SD video production workstation equipped with all the I/O needed for professional capture and monitoring.

Matrox MXO2 LE with MAX Professional HDMI, SDI, and analog I/O:
Matrox MXO2 LE provides all the features of an I/O card in a sturdy, portable breakout box with professional audio and video connectivity. Matrox MXO2 LE with Matrox MAX Technology for faster than realtime high definition H.264 file creation. Matrox MAX is a unique technology that implements faster than realtime H.264 encoding for resolutions ranging from iPod to HD.

Special Limited Time Offers Expiring Soon

Avid Mojo DX withAvid Media Composer 4 Upgrade:
This complete bundles includes the Avid Mojo DX hardware interface and the Avid Media Composer 4 Upgrade DVD and manuals along with the complete Avid Production Suite including the latest versions of Avid DVD by Sonic, Avid FX, Boris Continuum Complete, SmartSound Sonicfire Pro and Sorenson Squeeze. Requires Avid Mojo or Avid Mojo SDI Trade-In - expires December 18, 2009

Sonic BD PowerStation A Complete BD Workstation for Professional Videographers:
The BD PowerStation includes Hollywood-proven video encoding, authoring and emulation that uses the same technology trusted to deliver the majority of commercial BDs and DVDs to consumers today. If you’re thinking about getting into BD, then the BD PowerStation is the perfect way for you to begin harnessing the power of Blu-ray Disc. SPECIAL OFFER! FREE Pioneer Blu-ray Disc Bundle ($299 value) FREE with Sonic BD Powerstation Now thru 12/31/09

Videoguys.com - 2009 Year In Review!

Gary