Aperture 3 now does video... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Video Industry News
Events, press releases, bulletins and dispatches from the DV world at large.

Old February 9th, 2010, 11:43 AM   #1
Trustee

Aperture 3 now does video...

...and I have just had a rather interesting thought. If A3 does video now, does this mean that we could potentially use the Aperture version of Tiffens DFX to apply the effects to video?
Simon Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2010, 07:50 AM   #2
Major Player

I think it is because of the popularity of VDSLR cameras. I hope Final Cut Pro will take over the interface design of Aperture in its next iteration. Clean and simple and more modern looking.
Floris van Eck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 02:24 AM   #3
Major Player

Aperture 3 can edit video? Or do you mean it just stores it? Because even iPhoto can do that, these programs are primarily built as libraries for the media coming from the camera but I'd bet that it doesn't let you let you adjust it.
Evan C. King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 03:39 AM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Aperture 3 can edit video? Or do you mean it just stores it?
That's the big question. I can't seem to find any info that goes into too much detail. I could download the trial, but it means faffing around and moving my existing A2 installation around to stop anything from being overwritten.
Simon Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 06:32 AM   #5
Wrangler

Apple has some decent videos that show how HD video is integrated into Aperture's slideshow feature. See the What's New Page, under "Advanced Slideshows.

Looks like it allows for basic trimming of the clip with simple transitions. There's a nice feature where it easily adds transition points by just pressing the Enter key to the beat of the music. Overall very nice, as the slideshow software on the Mac has been lacking. Should be interesting to see how Lightroom responds.

The Aperture timeline interface is reminiscent of iMovie and Quicktime X. Might be a preview of what we might see in a future Final Cut Pro!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News