Intuitfocus HF-IF1 Hands-free Follow-focus at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Video Industry News
Events, press releases, bulletins and dispatches from the DV world at large.

Old August 11th, 2010, 02:05 AM   #1
Major Player

Intuitfocus HF-IF1 Hands-free Follow-focus

Quote:
German manufacturer Intuitfocus has released what it calls the first hands-free follow-focus system system for DSLRs. The Intuitfocus HF-IF1 is built a motorized belt-drive system that attaches around the lens and is remotely controlled by scroll wheel. Aimed at videographers who shoot movies with HD enabled DSLRs, this system is designed to offer smooth and shake-free focus or zooming. The system can be used to control focus, zoom or aperture. According to the US distributor HP Marketing, the HF-IF1 will be available from September 2010 at a retail of $3,900 for the complete kit.
Intuitfocus HF-IF1 hands-free follow-focus system system for DSLRs: Digital Photography Review
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2010, 10:39 AM   #2
Major Player

That music was horrible to listen to for more than 30sec. I began trying to hunt through the video for more than 1 sentence at a time explaining how it works. So for me, I think it was poorly produced video.

Looks like it could be a good product, but I wish I could have gotten a solid 30-60sec straight of product demo & not 80% beauty shots.

Another thing I thought was, if you're trying to sell a product as a follow focus, you should really have someone that is excellent at following focus. There were multiple times I saw the operator hunting for the focus. It looks easier to do with this product than without, but still doesn't prove to me that I can achieve critical focus as a one man band w/ this. Kinda proves why it is often someones job just to follow focus.

Still neat to see, so thanks for sharing Nicholas.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News