DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Digital Video Industry News (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/)
-   -   E Mount adaptors from MTF (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/484309-e-mount-adaptors-mtf.html)

Mike Tapa September 5th, 2010 11:49 AM

E Mount adaptors from MTF

3 Attachment(s)
"MTF Services Ltd are pleased to announce 3 new products ahead of IBC in amsterdam.

The Arri PL to Sony E Mount lens adaptor,
The Nikon G to Sony E Mount lens adaptor,
The Sony Alpha to Sony PMW-EX3 lens adaptor.

With the introduction of the Sony NEX-3, NEX-5 and NEX-VG10, we have had many requests from customers wanting to utilise their Nikon and PL mounted lenses with these cameras.

Both the PL and Nikon adaptors are designed and built in the UK to the highest standards.
The Nikon adaptor incorporates our unique aperture control ring for Nikon G lenses. (Patent pending)
The Nikon mount itself is machined from solid brass and is nickel plated for longevity and accuracy.
Both of these adaptors have our very own E mount machined from solid stainless steel.

Also new from MTF is the Sony Alpha to Sony PMW-EX3 adaptor.
Like our other, now famous EX3 adaptors, this too has become a valuable addition to may kit bags.
Originally developed after a request from Bill Drummond, Sony's European product manager, this too has our unique G type aperture control ring.

Following a meeting at Sony Europe head office, we are pleased to publish the first photos of the Sony NEX-VG10 fitted with Nikon and PL lens adaptors.

All of these products will be on the Sony stand at IBC and Photokina.

The Alpha to EX3 adaptor is available now
The Nikon to E mount and PL to E mount will be shipping towards the end of September.

Also coming soon will be a dedicated tripod and handheld support bar system for our E mount and Micro 4/3 mount adaptors.

All MTF products are original designs by MTF director Mike Tapa who has over 20 years experience in the broadcast industry."

Mike Tapa September 16th, 2010 06:42 AM

Pre order for shipping end of Sept

These New adaptors are now scheduled for shipping at the end of September.
We are have just started taking pre orders through our site here for the PL version
The worlds first PL to Sony E Mount Adaptor

and here for the Nikon G version
The worlds first Nikon G to Sony E Mount Adaptor

Ronan Fournier September 18th, 2010 10:41 AM

Hello Mike,

Since Canon doesnt' seem to release an interchangeable lens version of the camcorder XF305, an adaptor for Canon EF lenses, INCLUDING an electronic aperture device, for the Sony EX3 or the NEX-VG10 should interest people who would like to use their EF lenses on a camcorder more recent than the XLH1. Would this be so expensive to build? More than $500?
Many wildlife cinematographer which used XL2 and XLH1 with EF lenses feel abandonned by Canon. Adaptors could be a good solution for us in order to avoid buying a new set of Nikon or Sony lenses.
Thank you!

Mike Tapa September 19th, 2010 12:43 PM

Hi Ronan.

The electronics to control aperture on Canon EF lenses is something I have been looking into for some time now.
Not being an electronics expert myself, I did have a guy working on this for the EX3 but progress was a bit slow for my liking.
We were at the point of abandoning that particular project, but now, with the introduction of the VG10, it is suddenly worth persevering.

When we have more news on this, of course you will hear it here first.

All the best

Ronan Fournier September 20th, 2010 12:38 PM

Thank you fr your answer Mike. I'm looking forward to have some more good news from you.

Paul Curtis October 26th, 2010 05:30 AM

Mike i would be very interested in aperture control over EF lenses onto an E mount. Just to add another voice to the thread (and so i get updated when it does to)

I would also like to know whether it would be possible to power the IS stabilisation in the EF lenses. I don't know whether they just require power or some kind of electronic feedback?

cheers
paul

Ed Przyzycki November 9th, 2010 02:40 PM

Is the Sony Alpha to Sony PMW-EX3 adapter available? Are there US distributors? What is the US/dollar price? Anyone using it? I would be interested in seeing some samples if anyone has them.

Glen Vandermolen November 17th, 2010 10:25 AM

With Sony's newly announced S35 sensor NXCAM with an E mount, these adapters have found a new market.