DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Digital Video Industry News (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/)
-   -   New video capable Sony cameras (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/499949-new-video-capable-sony-cameras.html)

Emmanuel Plakiotis August 24th, 2011 04:46 AM

New video capable Sony cameras

Announced today.
A65, A77, NEX 7 APSC, 24MP, 108050P
Home | PhotographyBLOG

and a video camcorder
NEX VG20
Sony launches NEX-VG20 Handycam Camcorder: Digital Photography Review

there two hands on videos for A77 and NEXVG20

Tom Roper August 24th, 2011 06:17 AM

Re: New video capable Sony cameras

I was going to buy the XF100 as a B-cam to my PMW350, but the VG20 appears that it should smoke it in low light with the aps-c sensor. Wish it was xdcam 422 instead of avchd. The availability of the xf100 has been so limited. The DSLRs look like game changers too.

David Rice August 24th, 2011 06:49 AM

Very nice I say, as I look up at my Canon "L" series lens sitting and collecting dust on the shelf. I feel like a abandoned child.

Laurence Janus August 24th, 2011 07:50 AM

I am going to my local Sony Style shop to check out the A77 tomorrow! I am super excited!!!!

Emmanuel Plakiotis August 24th, 2011 10:25 AM

One more thing...
A auto focus adapter,also compatible with FS100!!!
Sony LA-EA2 | PhotographyBLOG

Mike Burgess August 24th, 2011 01:47 PM

I like it. And I like that it is AVCHD also. That way, I can burn a DVD, play it on my blue ray player and get HD. That is good since I don't have a blue ray burner.
Will be watching for reviews as time goes by to see how this cam performs/how people like it.

Mike Burgess August 25th, 2011 06:35 AM

Is there a way to see/hear that video in English?

Ozzy Alvarez September 4th, 2011 06:03 PM

Is the fact that the NEX-VG20 has 24P/60P capabilities that the NEX-VG10 doesn't the key major differences between the two camcorders or did I overlook something else?

Glen Vandermolen September 4th, 2011 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozzy Alvarez (Post 1679820)
Is the fact that the NEX-VG20 has 24P/60P capabilities that the NEX-VG10 doesn't the key major differences between the two camcorders or did I overlook something else?

That's a big one. Plus, manual audio control, focus assist with expanded focus and peaking, new handle design, touch screen monitor, Dolby 5.1 stereo mic and a new, larger sensor. Supposedly there's less moire and aliasing issues. Supposedly.

Laurence Janus October 26th, 2011 07:07 AM

Just to follow up. I bought my a77 and I absolutely love it! Still learning how to use it though...

Dave Brytus October 26th, 2011 11:24 PM

Hey I am thinking about getting the A77. What are your initials thoughts on it concerning the video capabilities? Do you think the resolution and quality is better then the GH2? Also, how is the noise on the camera since it has that big MP sensor.