DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Digital Video Industry News (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/)
-   -   Who's going to IBC? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/500122-whos-going-ibc.html)

Jim Martin August 29th, 2011 02:34 PM

Who's going to IBC?

The event in Europe is coming up in a few weeks....Sooo, which of our members are going? I'm out 'cause I just got back a month ago.

Jim Martin
Filmtools.com

Sander Vreuls August 29th, 2011 05:32 PM

Re: Who's going to IBC?

It's a small distance away from here so I'll go for atleast a day.. will be interesting to see some of the new products up close :)

Toenis Liivamaegi August 30th, 2011 09:30 AM

I'll be exhibiting there at Hall 11, booth F72

Tonis from Kinotehnik.com

Erwin van Dijck August 30th, 2011 10:38 AM

I will attend this year! (live almost around the corner)

regards,
Erwin

Michael Horton September 4th, 2011 12:32 PM

I'll be going. If you are a digital filmmaker be sure to get tickets to the annual FCPUG SuperMeet to be held Sunday Sept 11 at the Hotel Krasnapolsky. The agenda is set and you can get all the details plus purchase tickets here

Fourth Annual Amsterdam SuperMeet || Final Cut Pro User Group Network

Emmanuel Plakiotis September 7th, 2011 12:58 AM

I'm going for 1 or 2 days. Most probable Sunday - Monday

Dan Keaton September 9th, 2011 06:30 AM

Dear Friends,

Mike Schell, of Convergent Design, will be there.

Our booth is in Hall 7, Booth A07.

We will be showing our nanoFlashes as well as operating Gemini 4:4:4's.

We will have a Sony F3 + S-Log Firmware Update feeding the Gemini 4:4:4 with 1080p24, 4:4:4 RGB.

Please feel free to come by, check our out monitor/video recorder, operate the menu system, record and playback.

We are currently scheduled to ship initial units starting on October 15, 2011.

Sander Vreuls September 9th, 2011 09:47 AM

Had a quick look today.. didn't have time to visit everything but this is what I noticed so far:

- Sounddevices Pix 220 and 240 looked pretty good.. I'm looking at replacing DVcam VTR's at a local school with these.. what's not to like :)

- NHK Hi-Vision, the camera now looks more like a standard one, images are very impressive.

- Sony had some nice OLED's showing, including broadcast reference monitors, can't wait to have these available. They also had a new HDC model (HDC-2500), meant to replace HDC-1500R and can shoot 1080p50 and 1080i100. It can also be modified to feature a wireless system (third party), and triax. They also have a standard rate model (HDC-2400) I did not care much for the new HXC-D70H.. the sooner sony decide to drop multicore the better.. I understand triax encoding is more expensive but it's so much better.

- Grass Valley had a new switcher, the Karrera. Which is basicly a model between Kayak and Kayenne. They also showed the new 3G transmission systems (triax and fiber), and a basestation able to run both fiber and triax, so you always have the right basestation in your OBV. Also they had the new LDK3000+, cost effective CMOS system camera which I liked a lot.

- Blackmagic has a new bigger SDI monitor, the heavy duty converters and the ATEM camera converter.. finally a chance to see what the fancy camera sets actually attach too. This unit is 1995$ which enables you to connect 4 camera sets.

Oh and I saw Mr Bloom running past in a hurry :) Celebrity spotting!