Make your own camera. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Video Industry News
Events, press releases, bulletins and dispatches from the DV world at large.

Old September 4th, 2013, 05:32 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Make your own camera.

Award winning Ron Dexter ASC, well known for his mods and low cost self made kit has made his own camera. DXTRs ACMAM-Cam | Film and Digital Times

Seems it's based on an iphone.

Ron Dexter's web site is worth checking out for low cost solutions or just general information.. RonDexter.com
Brian Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2013, 02:51 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Make your own camera.

I'm off to make my own dentistry theatre as it costs so much to get treatment in the UK, I will also be offering my services cheap to anyone who wishes to have any work done.

It's OK I've read all the books and I have some great dremmel kit that does the job just as well! ;0)

Seriously his last movie was made in 1976, I think he needs to retire gracefully!
Old September 6th, 2013, 04:21 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Something to bear in mind is that the techie gadgets that you buy very often started out being thought up by cameramen like Ron Dexter. Some of these can have a tongue in cheek humour about them.

I suspect he's been working on commercials rather than movies and has been working as recently as 2007. The ASC -- American Cinematographer: ASC Close-Up:
Brian Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2013, 06:09 AM   #4
Trustee

Oh well good luck to him and no doubt he can shoot his next commercial on an i-fone in a metal box! ;o)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News