New camera slider from Trost Motion at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Video Industry News
Events, press releases, bulletins and dispatches from the DV world at large.

Old December 3rd, 2013, 04:28 PM   #1
Regular Crew

New camera slider from Trost Motion

I recently field tested a new camera slider from Trost I was uncertain about how useful it would be until the shoot. Mounting it directly to the fluid head, it gave me the ability to pan, tilt and move the slider at the same time, making for great reveal shots and camera movements that I could control myself. Check out their new website for details.... it was launched today.

The build quality of great and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone.
Old December 3rd, 2013, 07:04 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: New camera slider from Trost Motion

Is it me? or is every tom, dick and harry coming out with a slider better than the previous one. There is so much competition in the market.

And you have to love the way these guys demonstrate the strength of this slider by having a car on it! haha, so unnecessary.
James Manford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #3
Wrangler

For a while I was worried there wouldn't be any more sliders on the market.

From a marketing perspective... why is this one necessary?
Old December 9th, 2013, 10:23 AM   #4
Major Player

I am really pleased with the smoothness of my Cineslider. They just came out with their Parallax for targeting the subject or for inverse pan moves. It's a pretty steeply priced accessory, although Kessler just never designs or makes junk, unlike ProAim, CineCity, Camtree or whatever new sock puppet shell name they come out with.

I do think the Edelkrone telescoping slider design is really slick though as it makes for a more compact design.

There is some company in Spain I think it was that makes a roller bearing slider that also does parallax moves where the camera stays pointed at the subject, or pans the subject, but the parallax system is contained central within the slider, not at the rear. I think ergonomically that is a more compact way to do it.

Edelkrone showed an electronic targeting head at NAB, but the rotation seemed not overly smooth, although its a prototype.

Now if Edelkrone could just make a heavier duty slider with a smooth electronic targeting head that can also do inverse pans, or Kessler making their Parallax system internal to the frame like the Spain company rather than external.....

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News