ZOOM now has an audio recorder that also records video. :) - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Video Industry News
Events, press releases, bulletins and dispatches from the DV world at large.

Old May 6th, 2014, 04:49 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: ZOOM now has an audio recorder that also records video. :)

First time I saw it, I thought the Q4 was a lame practical joke, and that there would be a punch line somewhere in the text. Not. So, in the search for practical advice, the sound will probably be good, but has anybody seen any video from the camera?
Roy Sallows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 12:24 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Re: ZOOM now has an audio recorder that also records video. :)

I surrendered to the urge to buy the Q4 just before we left for an extended stay in Hawai`i. After we got here I shot some comparo type clips.

First Look at the Zoom Q4 | Homebrewed Music

Zoom Q4 vs Lumix GH3 | Homebrewed Music

I got a lot of use shooting "look at me (or my friends) play guitar" videos with my Q3HD. I'll probably put my Q4 on Ebay when I get home and round up all the packaging and accessories.

I guess the GH3 has pretty much spoiled me for image quality. I'm pretty comfortable syncing audio in post but I've even gotten pretty decent audio out of the Lumix by feeding the mic input from the right sources.

http://www.homebrewedmusic.com/2014/...io-vs-zoom-h6/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McDonald View Post
You would need to change your hair style if you were going to use a Q4, Fran :-)
Well, back in the day I had a 'fro that was pretty close to Jimi Hendrix but I never went for the upswept look. The wind sock actually does a pretty nice job, though.

Fran
Fran Guidry is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News