Canon EOS 7D Mark II Announced - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News

Digital Video Industry News
Events, press releases, bulletins and dispatches from the DV world at large.

Old September 23rd, 2014, 06:11 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: Canon EOS 7D Mark II Announced

A toy guitar in the hands of a master will sound infinitely better than a pro guitar in the hands of a hack, proffessional or not.
I'm no master, but I am using a 70d professionally in the toughest environment here in Mali, and it is doing just fine.
Brian David Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2014, 08:52 AM   #17
Regular Crew

I'm not "pro" anything. Just a dad who shoots photos in crappy lit gyms of his daughters sports and enjoys shooting photos and video of wildlife and other outdoor subjects. I shoot photos and video for friends and associate if they want or nothing. If they "pay" me through a meal, or case of beer, or other product that is their doing. I just enjoy the hobby and obsess about a quality result.

I'm not criticizing the specs of the 7D 2.0 or crying about what was or was not included in the build. I am simply trying to understand how one aspect of the camera will work. At the end of the day I will most likely buy one regardless if for no other reason than for the improved noise issues in those poorly lit gymnasiums that my daughters plays sports in. I would rather shoot video on my XA20. But there are times that I like to do documentary stuff on my DSLR ... as an example I shoot/produce videos for my church and love the DSLR feel that I get on those projects.
Derek Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2014, 10:46 AM   #18
Major Player

the term Professional gets thrown around too often in the wrong context.

Traditionally, it just meant you get paid for your work. but nowadays anyone can buy a camera, do one job for their aunt, and call themselves professional.

But profession implies trade skill, and how skilled you are at that trade is your level of professionalism.

Calling someone a Pro is saying they're good at what they do, not that they're just getting paid for it.

And acting Professional is used to say that someone is doing their job with a good manner/attitude/etc...

in other words, it's a frickin mess of terminology, and being a bit more descriptive can avoid confusion.

hugs & kisses,

That Guy.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News