Nebula in NAB 2015 Show - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Video Industry News
Events, press releases, bulletins and dispatches from the DV world at large.

Old May 4th, 2015, 10:03 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: One handed 3-axis stabilizers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
I still want such a unit but will be waiting for either a Nebula v2 that deals with this "handle" problem and when they have a much better instruction how to balance the unit or I might wait for some competition who might even do better, so far I have seen one competitor which I won't name here but it remains to be seen how good that one is
Not sure if this is the "other one" you are referring to, but if you're not impressed by the Nebula, I've heard great things about Pilotfly H1. Apparently it's even easier to balance and seems a bit sleeker to my eyes anyway. Similar pricing and Pilotfly appears to have a great history of creating very well made and well reviewed stabilizers. PILOTFLY H1 Handheld 3axis Stabilizer for Mirrorless camera - Copter-RC

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think the H1 has the same handle problem from what I've read. They seem to have the same "userprofiles" thing going on that you mentioned so it's probably best to dial in those exact settings for this one too. All these one handed stabilizers look good at times. I was surprised not to see more at NAB, but these two have definitely stood out to me.

Hope that helps!
James Hobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2015, 05:50 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Re: Nebula in NAB 2015 Show

there is this Italian designed version too, looks interesting and some of the footage seems to deal well with walking motion

sturdyshots | Ministurdyflight 3-Axis
Ade Towell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2015, 06:49 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Re: One handed 3-axis stabilizers

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Hobert View Post
Not sure if this is the "other one" you are referring to, but if you're not impressed by the Nebula, I've heard great things about Pilotfly H1.

Well, I was not planning on mentioning competitors because this was a thread about the Nebula but since Iris from filmpower seems to only say how good the nebula is and where you can buy it instead of answering some of concerns that have been raised I guess it's not wrong to talk about some other options as well. I was indeed referring to the pilotfly but I have a feeling many new will come out the following months and the ministurdyflight is a 2nd example of that. I only rather wait for enough user experiences before considering buying one. The ministurdyflight demo's look quite good + they would allow me as a business to buy tax excluded as they are located in Italy, it's a bit more pricy then both the Nebula and Pilotfly but since I could deduct taxes it actually is cheaper then the 2 other options available. It allows the lcd screen from a gh4 to open sideways which is a big plus and you can remove the handle which makes it much easier to transport and it has tool-less balancing, I only need to see if the supplier would do any effort in explaining the Basecam software that is used to finetune the parameters or you could end up in the same situation as me with the Nebula but I see that is a work in progress on their website, an interesting option though and will certainly follow this one, thx for sharing the link Ade.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2015, 09:24 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Well, I was not planning on mentioning competitors because this was a thread about the Nebula but since Iris from filmpower seems to only say how good the nebula is and where you can buy it instead of answering some of concerns that have been raised I guess it's not wrong to talk about some other options as well. I was indeed referring to the pilotfly but I have a feeling many new will come out the following months and the ministurdyflight is a 2nd example of that. I only rather wait for enough user experiences before considering buying one. The ministurdyflight demo's look quite good + they would allow me as a business to buy tax excluded as they are located in Italy, it's a bit more pricy then both the Nebula and Pilotfly but since I could deduct taxes it actually is cheaper then the 2 other options available. It allows the lcd screen from a gh4 to open sideways which is a big plus and you can remove the handle which makes it much easier to transport and it has tool-less balancing, I only need to see if the supplier would do any effort in explaining the Basecam software that is used to finetune the parameters or you could end up in the same situation as me with the Nebula but I see that is a work in progress on their website, an interesting option though and will certainly follow this one, thx for sharing the link Ade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ade Towell View Post
there is this Italian designed version too, looks interesting and some of the footage seems to deal well with walking motion

sturdyshots | Ministurdyflight 3-Axis

The ministurdyflight shots look the best of all 3 options. Really nice. Could be an experienced user, or it could just be that much better. No idea. Wish there was more info on the actual device itself (balancing, batteries, operating, and any 1/4 20's?) Pretty vague on their site with only a couple photos and general descriptions. It's "composed by strong mechanical parts". Thanks! :) Any other info on that one? Can't deny that the footage looks great.
James Hobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2015, 07:42 AM   #20
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
...seems to only say how good the nebula is and where you can buy it instead of answering some of concerns that have been raised...
I'm aware of that problem and I'm trying to get that situation corrected.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News