What is CRAFT? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Video Industry News
Events, press releases, bulletins and dispatches from the DV world at large.

Old April 4th, 2016, 12:43 AM   #31
Major Player

Re: What is CRAFT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Peterson View Post
My money is on it being vaporware.
Most every time I call something vaporware I end up eating crow -- for example AJA's Cion.

-- peer
Old April 15th, 2016, 07:35 AM   #32
Regular Crew

CRAFT is coming next week.

Greetings!
Yes, we actually exist and have a voice. We are incredibly grateful and humbled by all the support. And because of that, we are only sharing the following email to you—our early adopter email list. We have looked forward to sending this email for months. You should know that we will not publish this anywhere else. That means you are the first to know.

I bet many of you have wondered, “What’s the deal with Craft?" There has been an outpouring of interest for Craft from all over the world and from all walks of life—from Hollywood, indies, corporate marketing departments, agencies, and amateurs. They have reached out by the thousands trying to figure out what we are working on. For over a year, we have been developing the Craft Camera—a new system that we believe will help users tell better stories.

On April 18th around 12pm EST, we will announce Craft Camera on craftcamera.com. This announcement will include initial information, a first glimpse of the Craft Camera, and we will start taking initial reservations. Since Craft Camera is still in development, we won’t be releasing every single detail because we hope to get feedback from reservation holders before we publish final details.

A reservation will require a $500 deposit, your name, email, and phone number. Reservations will only be available on craftcamea.com and will be 100% refundable. Your deposit will be deducted from the total price once you place an order at a later date. As a reservation holder, you will also receive a 10% discount off your final order along with some additional perks like first looks, priority reservations on future products and a few other surprises. Please note we are offering a limited number of reservations which is why we wanted you to know about this first. This means when we hit our limit we will stop taking reservations. No exceptions. The reservations are first come first serve and when the cameras ship, we will do so in the order that the reservation was placed.

The Craft Camera comes in 2 models. There are 4K and HD models with a price range between $699 and $2899 depending on the configuration. Initial units will ship late 2016.

I will leave you with this—we believe there is a huge need for Craft Camera. We believe it is a revolutionary product that will give production alums a great tool to do things they couldn’t do before while opening up storytelling through motion pictures to a whole new generation. With that said, we understand Craft Camera might not be for you and...we are fine with that! We will still treat you with respect and we hope the same from you.

I am truly humbled by all the support, and I hope you become a part of the Craft family.

Keep telling beautiful stories.

Scott Bragg
Founder of Craft Digital Systems Inc.
Nathan Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2016, 12:15 PM   #33
Inner Circle

Hi Nathan (or Scott???),

With an NAB-timed announcement, will you have a presence at NAB?
Old April 15th, 2016, 12:29 PM   #34
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peer Landa View Post
Most every time I call something vaporware I end up eating crow -- for example AJA's Cion.

-- peer
I remember back in 2006, when RED just had a pic of a race car on their webpage, with a 'coming soon' note. Lots of calls about 'vapourware' then.

The difference though was Jim Jannard had deep pockets from Oakley fame. And a track record in business. And even still, Red was very slow to develop, and late on delivery. Black Magic is chronically slow and late to deliver. I've been waiting to see how the Ursa mini 4.6k turns out - so far, not so good - and these are established companies...

Maybe I'm missing something with Craft, but they don't seem to have any other name associated to it other than Scott Bragg... and his linkedin profile doesn't inspire confidence.

I don't mind eating crow if I'm wrong but if they deliver a 4-star product by late 2016 in the price range they are talking about, then I'll definitely serve some up. Until then I'll put my my faith in the Nigerian prince who emailed me recently. He said If I give him $500 he says he'll pay me back 10 million. I gave him my bank account number so he can wire it in directly.
Old April 16th, 2016, 06:52 AM   #35
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Fairhurst View Post
Hi Nathan (or Scott???),
I'm pretty sure that was Nathan quoting Scott.

Although around here I'd really prefer that quotes are referenced as such, instead of relying on us to assume it.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2016, 10:55 AM   #36
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd View Post
Although around here I'd really prefer that quotes are referenced as such, instead of relying on us to assume it.
It's not hard to do at all. For example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Bragg, Founder of Craft Digital Systems Inc.
Greetings!

Yes, we actually exist and have a voice. We are incredibly grateful and humbled by all the support. And because of that, we are only sharing the following email to you—our early adopter email list. We have looked forward to sending this email for months. You should know that we will not publish this anywhere else. That means you are the first to know.

I bet many of you have wondered, “What’s the deal with Craft?" There has been an outpouring of interest for Craft from all over the world and from all walks of life—from Hollywood, indies, corporate marketing departments, agencies, and amateurs. They have reached out by the thousands trying to figure out what we are working on. For over a year, we have been developing the Craft Camera—a new system that we believe will help users tell better stories.

On April 18th around 12pm EST, we will announce Craft Camera on craftcamera.com. This announcement will include initial information, a first glimpse of the Craft Camera, and we will start taking initial reservations. Since Craft Camera is still in development, we won’t be releasing every single detail because we hope to get feedback from reservation holders before we publish final details.

A reservation will require a $500 deposit, your name, email, and phone number. Reservations will only be available on craftcamea.com and will be 100% refundable. Your deposit will be deducted from the total price once you place an order at a later date. As a reservation holder, you will also receive a 10% discount off your final order along with some additional perks like first looks, priority reservations on future products and a few other surprises. Please note we are offering a limited number of reservations which is why we wanted you to know about this first. This means when we hit our limit we will stop taking reservations. No exceptions. The reservations are first come first serve and when the cameras ship, we will do so in the order that the reservation was placed.

The Craft Camera comes in 2 models. There are 4K and HD models with a price range between $699 and $2899 depending on the configuration. Initial units will ship late 2016.

I will leave you with this—we believe there is a huge need for Craft Camera. We believe it is a revolutionary product that will give production alums a great tool to do things they couldn’t do before while opening up storytelling through motion pictures to a whole new generation. With that said, we understand Craft Camera might not be for you and...we are fine with that! We will still treat you with respect and we hope the same from you.

I am truly humbled by all the support, and I hope you become a part of the Craft family.

Keep telling beautiful stories.
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2016, 07:34 AM   #37
Wrangler

Re: Is This It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Stephen McDonald View Post
This is actually a great link.... Some really nice camera art!
Old April 18th, 2016, 02:30 AM   #38
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd View Post
I'm pretty sure that was Nathan quoting Scott.

Oops! My bad. Yes, I have nothing to do with Craft. Will stick quotes in for any future posts!
Old April 18th, 2016, 04:55 AM   #39
Major Player

You can always search for verification of most corporations by searching on the state's division of corporation online corporate search portal. You just have to know which state the corporation was initially incorporated in.
Georgia's Div or Corp search portal:
https://ecorp.sos.ga.gov/BusinessSearch

You would just enter this corporate name: CRAFT DIGITAL SYSTEMS, INC
and see if a public record exists for the corporation. However this kind of search often just validates that the corporation does in fact exist and is active or not. And of course who owns it and their business address etc.
Douglas Call is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2016, 06:36 AM   #40
Space Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Diewert View Post

I don't mind eating crow if I'm wrong but if they deliver a 4-star product by late 2016 in the price range they are talking about, then I'll definitely serve some up. Until then I'll put my my faith in the Nigerian prince who emailed me recently. He said If I give him $500 he says he'll pay me back 10 million. I gave him my bank account number so he can wire it in directly.

WHAT!?!?
The prince told me I'll get $5 million! How come he's giving you more?
Glen Vandermolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2016, 10:03 AM   #41
Regular Crew

It's here....

Introducing Craft Camera
Old April 18th, 2016, 10:15 AM   #42
Inner Circle

Transformers! Nice design, I see MFT mount is only for the "HD" version, it does however not look easy to control for run and gun, seems more like a camera for controlled situations. Looks like a blackmagic design camera on steroids.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2016, 10:31 AM   #43
Wrangler

What's the best meme for "I am disappoint"?
Old April 18th, 2016, 10:56 AM   #44
Space Hipster

I like it! Modular design, very cool. Just add what you need per shoot.
Glen Vandermolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2016, 11:30 AM   #45
Major Player

Didn't notice any quick access elements available for White Balance, Gain controls, Audio Levels, Color Temp, Monitor levels etc. It looks like the camera could end up being quite long. I wonder if the Battery element is V-mount or Anton-Bauer type mount. I guess the SDI connector suitable for 4K would be 3G-SDI depending on bit depth etc.
Douglas Call is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News