DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Digital Video Industry News (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/)
-   -   Official Canon Website Release EOS 1DX2 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/531066-official-canon-website-release-eos-1dx2.html)

Douglas Call February 1st, 2016 10:26 PM

Official Canon Website Release EOS 1DX2

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/p...-eos1dx-markii

On DVi: Fast, Formidable, and 4K: the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II at DV Info Net

Douglas Call February 1st, 2016 10:28 PM

Re: Official Canon Website Release EOS 1DX2

Any Doubters out there now?

Fast, Formidable, And 4K, All-In-One Camera Canon U.S.A. Introduces The EOS-1D X Mark II Professional Digital Camera
Feb 1, 2016, 11:00:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
Delivering Precise and Reliable Performance with Versatility for Any Photo or Video Professional

View Photo Gallery

MELVILLE, N.Y. – Rising to meet the rigorous and evolving demands of professional photographers and videographers, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging, is proud to announce the new EOS-1D X Mark II DSLR camera. With a new 20.2 megapixel 35mm Full Frame Canon CMOS sensor and Dual DIGIC 6+ Image Processors, the EOS-1D X Mark II professional digital camera delivers stunning image quality and speed. Combining the ability to capture high-resolution still images at speeds up to 14 frames per second as well as stunning high-definition video up-to-4K 60P featuring Canon’s proprietary Dual Pixel CMOS Autofocus (AF) technology, the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II camera becomes the ideal camera for any professional image creator.

Jack Zhang February 1st, 2016 11:44 PM

Okay, they may have not officially released the press release earlier in the day, but this checks out.

CFast 2.0 seems to be where manufacturers are now seriously moving to, but the cards are still a rarity.

Douglas Call February 1st, 2016 11:47 PM

These Rare cards are available at BH Photo

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1107861-REG/sandisk_sdcfsp_128g_46a_128gb_extreme_pro_cfast.html

Robert Benda February 2nd, 2016 08:01 AM

All of it is blah blah blah for me until you get to dual pixel touch screen focusing, like the 70D.
4K at 60 fps is good, too.

Wondering how high it will have clean iso?

Still 8-bit.

Peer Landa February 2nd, 2016 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Benda (Post 1908185)
Still 8-bit.

This means no 1DX2 for me -- how disappointing.

-- peer

Zach Love February 2nd, 2016 10:25 AM

I'm wondering if 4K is targeted at still shooters who want to pull a 8MP still photo by shooting 60 times a second.

I was actually expecting to completely write this camera off, but Canon has dropped some nice video features into it, at a price that isn't completely insulting.

Still, if I'm dropping $6k on a camera, I'll probably get a Sony FS5, as I need XLR inputs more than I need something super compact.

Douglas Call February 2nd, 2016 10:58 AM

Dpreview:
With its touchscreen-operated Dual Pixel AF system, the 1D X II should be one of the easiest cameras to capture footage with if you're not an experienced videographer. The autofocus should be able to refocus without distracting focus wobble simply by tapping the screen. What's more, tracking sensitivity and AF speeds can be adjusted for movie recording, allowing videographers to optimize continuous focus for their particular application.

Douglas Call February 2nd, 2016 11:04 AM

For me the allure is being able to use some of my super nice fashion/sports lenses and capture 4K with touch screen pulled focus. For example Jet Ski stunt riders looks so perfect when framed in my Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM lens. I just can't imagine a better fit for my needs. Also it's great for shooting some 4K videos of my Models when on location as well.

Eric C. Petrie February 2nd, 2016 11:38 AM

Here’s a link to a video from Canon introducing the EOS-1D X mkII. It does a great job going over features and the like.

Canon DLC: Gallery: Introducing the EOS-1D X Mark II

Eric Petrie
epetrie@provideoandtape.com
Finance the Sony FS7 for $248 a month, $0 down
Finance the Canon C100mkII for $129 a month, $0 down
Professional Cameras | Portland, OR | Canon Financing

Douglas Call February 2nd, 2016 11:41 AM

Thanks look like good resource.

James Manford February 2nd, 2016 12:18 PM

Can it do super slo mo though ?

Peer Landa February 2nd, 2016 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Manford (Post 1908207)
Can it do super slo mo though ?

It can do up to 120p in full HD:

-- peer

Chris Hurd February 2nd, 2016 02:14 PM

I'm glad they put the touch screen on it... the 70D spoiled me. It's the one thing holding me back from the 7D Mk. II.

Robert Benda February 2nd, 2016 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hurd (Post 1908217)
I'm glad they put the touch screen on it... the 70D spoiled me. It's the one thing holding me back from the 7D Mk. II.

Same here.

Or rather, its the one thing holding me back from the Sony A7S ii

I use the 70Ds anywhere the light is decent/good. Already have a 5d Mark ii for worse light. Am starting to save for new cameras, thought the A7S ii with 4K and baller low light was the answer, then see this new Canon has touchscreen focusing and think.... hmmm... maybe I'll hold out for all 3 things together (4K, low light, touch screen focusing).