DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Digital Video Industry News (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/)
-   -   Sony RX0 Ultra-Compact Waterproof and Shockproof Camera (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/534607-sony-rx0-ultra-compact-waterproof-shockproof-camera.html)

Brian Rhodes September 1st, 2017 07:51 AM

Sony RX0 Ultra-Compact Waterproof and Shockproof Camera

5 Attachment(s)
Sony RX0 Ultra-Compact Waterproof and Shockproof Camera

• Outputs 4:2:2 UHD 4K Video via HDMI
• Ultra-Compact, Lightweight Body
• 20MP 1" Stacked CMOS Sensor
• Timecode-Sync Multiple Cameras
• Internally Records 1080p60 Video
• Zeiss 24mm-Equivalent Lens, f/4 Aperture
• XAVC-S, AVCHD and .MP4 Recording
• Control via App or VP1K Remote
• NTSC/PAL Switchable
• Waterproof & Shockproof Body

The lightweight Sony RX0 Ultra-Compact Camera offers professional image quality in an action-camera sized form factor. Capable of outputting uncompressed 4K UHD video, it also records up to 1080p60 in-camera at 50 Mb/s in XAVC. A Zeiss 24mm-equivalent f/4.0 lens provides a wide, but not distorted, field-of-view. Its 21MP 1" stacked CMOS sensor produces minimal rolling-shutter artifacts, and is protected by the RX0's waterproof and shockproof body. Geared towards multi-camera recording, up to five cameras can be timecode-synced and controlled via the Sony Play Memories smartphone app (iOS and Android). When connected to a Wi-Fi router, greater than five cameras can be synced, suiting the RX0 for concerts, stunts, and other multi-camera applications.

Internal recording options include 24/25/30/50 and 60 fps at 1080p, all at 50 Mb/s in the XAVC codec, as well as super-slow motion at up to 960 fps. Still photos can be captured in both raw and JPEG with shutter speeds as fast as 1/32,000/second, and in bursts up to 16 fps. Uncompressed UHD 4K video is output via HDMI for capture to external recorders. The Sony RX0's additional pro-style features include manual- and auto-focus modes, a 20" minimum focus distance, S-Log2 recording, NTSC and PAL compatibility, and on-camera control buttons.

The Sony RX0 includes a rechargeable NP-BJ1 battery, an AC adapter, micro-USB cable, and wrist strap. The camera itself is waterproof down to 33', and can be used down to 330' with the optional MPK-HSR1 waterproof housing (available separately).

Cliff Totten September 1st, 2017 01:49 PM

Re: Sony RX0 Ultra-Compact Waterproof and Shockproof Camera

I think this will be great mounted right on top of my big 7 inch Atomos Inferno. Its a great way to get 4k recordings off this little guy. (Only way)

;-)

Mark Rosenzweig September 1st, 2017 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cliff Totten (Post 1936074)
I think this will be great mounted right on top of my big 7 inch Atomos Inferno. Its a great way to get 4k recordings off this little guy. (Only way)

;-)

I mount an RX100 IV on the Atomos Inferno; just a little bigger but a lot better.

Jack Zhang September 1st, 2017 08:43 PM

They're offering what the Hero 5 still lacks: 4K HDMI out and a 1'' sensor! This is big for crash cams that need to be not limited by the internal codec for bigger productions mixing in with F5/F55 or RED footage.

Bruce Dempsey September 2nd, 2017 05:09 AM

I wanna know what's going on in that photo. Do I see 8 of these little suckers? Not enough for a camera array making 3D ballet. Are they just looking to get lotsa angles?

Ron Evans September 2nd, 2017 11:10 AM

I expect the HDMI output is only up to 30P UHD though. Would be great if it was 60P UHD.

Bruce Dempsey September 2nd, 2017 04:12 PM

so does the lens provide for a deep depth of focus or is it focusable somehow?
ah 1.7' - infinity sez the spec