DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Digital Video Industry News (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/)
-   -   Optex (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/57104-optex.html)

Paul Jefferies December 30th, 2005 11:33 AM

Optex

Hi,
According to the Optex website www.optexint.com, the company has gone into receivership and is no longer trading. Does anyone know anything about this? They manufacture and supply lots of unique equipment so I would be keen to find out what the situation is

Mick Jenner December 30th, 2005 12:55 PM

Here in the uk They have definately gone under.http://forums.dvdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=36520
the above should give you some info

Regards

mick

Martin Costa December 30th, 2005 12:56 PM

I ordered my XLH1 from them and had a couple of strange conversations with them. I wanted to order an adapter for my mini 35 and was told that they owed them money and couldn't get me the part. This freaked me out as they had my deposit for the camera. I swallowed the deposit and bought it from somewhere else that had them in stock. It's a shame if they've gone under.

Greg Corke December 31st, 2005 04:04 AM

shame

Hi Guys,

It appears so. I was down at P.E.C Video before Christmas (the day after I had got HD 100 from Optex) and they mentioned it then. It seemed a strange thing as I had only just got a camera the day before, I thought it may just be a bit of propaganda only to find they were right. Damn shame they did some interesting gear up there. Apparently the whole stock has already been sold off to a company whose name I forget but I will find out and post.

Greg C

P.S any of you guys no of another good sales/retail outfit in the London area?

Martin Costa January 5th, 2006 01:01 PM

I recieved a mail from Simon Beer today (Optex). He confirms that Optex has gone out of business and that we can pick up the same equipment from his new employer 'Production Gear'. They're based in Potters Bar.

Chris Hurd January 5th, 2006 01:50 PM

I saw that as well. I think I'll drop Simon an email.

Graham Bernard January 5th, 2006 04:54 PM

Gonna really miss my friends at Optex . . very helpful and extremely understanding in all things DV . .. great loss to London.

Good luck Guys and Gals!

Graham Bernard

Declan Smith January 6th, 2006 04:17 AM

What a shame but .....

Very helpful company. What a shame, but I'm glad to see Simon & others have started out with a new venture. I wish them all the best.

Simon Beer January 19th, 2006 07:23 AM

Hi All,

I clearly don't come by this way as often as I should!

Things have been pretty hectic for me the last few weeks. Redundancy, starting up a new company and to top it all off a visit to hospital to have a slipped disc removed!!! Did I mention Christmas as well?

I'm back to work in a week and have been going crazy laying around waiting for my back to heal!

Now I don't want to get in trouble but would like to make you all aware of an incredibly helpful company with experienced staff that is based in Potters Bar just off J24 of the M25 motorway. The company is called Production Gear Ltd (www.productiongear.co.uk) and is made up of Phil Barker, Steve Graham, Edward Catton-Orr and a young, good looking chap by the name of Simon... ;o)

Seriously though, we all suspected things were 'up' at OpTex some time ago, we weren't getting any answers and agreed then that we would continue working together as a team.

We'll be at Video Forum this year with a stand (no. 722) and welcome everybody to pop by for a chat and to get hands on with some tasty decked out cameras.

We might even be showing some new 'bolt on goodies' for the XLH1 and the HD100...

Cheers!

Simon.

Mike Marriage January 19th, 2006 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon Beer
We'll be at Video Forum this year with a stand (no. 722) and welcome everybody to pop by for a chat and to get hands on with some tasty decked out cameras.

We might even be showing some new 'bolt on goodies' for the XLH1 and the HD100...

See you there then! Have you guys got a showroom running yet?

Simon Beer January 20th, 2006 01:39 AM

Our showroom should be completed after Forum, more news on that as it develops!

Simon.