Multi-format DVDs (Blu Ray, HD DVD, SD DVD) - Page 3 at

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News

Digital Video Industry News
Events, press releases, bulletins and dispatches from the DV world at large.

Old January 7th, 2007, 01:15 PM   #31
Inner Circle
Originally Posted by Emre Safak
If a movie isn't worth watching twice, it isn't worth watching once :)
Lovely quote, and I agree!

If I like a movie, most of the time I will rewatch it. Some movies are more rewatchable then others, but I still think it's worth having them, because I love them.
And I also don't want to go to a pure download-style, because I love having a closet with dvd's.
It's like with music: if they really make the cd's nice, with nice artwork and digipacks and stuff, then I am thinking: hey, I pay extra, but I get extra. It's a nice collector's thing. And I'm not someone who buys a movie three times for the change in the cover only, but I love it when there is a movie that I really like, and they put it on DVD with nice extra's, and nice artwork. It's very physical, and it gives me more satisfaction then just watching it on a computer screen, selecting it from a map from my Hard Drive.
But to each his own, of course.
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2007, 01:20 PM   #32
MPS Digital Studios
I like the quote about buying a DVD if you'll watch it more than once. My wife has us on Netflix, but I was, until recently, still buying DVDs without even seeing the movie ever until I bought it, or just buying a movie I've seen and NOT watching it. It saves me more money this way and I'm not trying to sell a $15 DVD for $5!

The only exception is Criterion--I'll still buy DVDs from this company! Even if I haven't seen the film.

My Final Cut Pro X blog
Heath McKnight is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News