DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Digital Video Industry News (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/)
-   -   New AVCHD and HDV cams from Sony (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/83383-new-avchd-hdv-cams-sony.html)

Jack Zhang January 7th, 2007 10:50 PM

New AVCHD and HDV cams from Sony

http://news.sel.sony.com/en/press_ro...ase/27067.html

The UX7 and HC7 have a Mic in (according to current spec sheets)!!! The HC7 and UX7 could possibly have full 1920x1080 CMOS recording...

Currently the UX5 and the HC5 are the only cams with the 1.4K effective pixels and the lack of Mic ins and Headphone outs.

Paulo Teixeira January 7th, 2007 10:57 PM

Hopefully Sony will show at least two more camcorders.

Paulo Teixeira January 7th, 2007 11:04 PM

Its Panasonic’s turn.

Stephen Claus January 8th, 2007 06:24 PM

Well it's about time! My HC1 is already almost a year old. I really don't think I can wait for the HC9, HC11, and HC13 to come out next week.

John McManimie January 8th, 2007 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Claus
Well it's about time! My HC1 is already almost a year old. I really don't think I can wait for the HC9, HC11, and HC13 to come out next week.

LOL! It does seem like they are coming out every week, doesn't it? Every time something new comes out, I do find it amazing how many people are selling cameras that they purchased just a few months before.

Paulo Teixeira January 8th, 2007 08:43 PM

Although these cameras are impressive considering the top models have optical stabilization and better colors than the HC3, it’s not truly a replacement for the HC1. The only camcorder that closely matches the HC1 as far as features is the JVC Everio GZ-HD7. Sony has yet to release a true HC1 replacement.

Yi Fong Yu January 9th, 2007 11:59 AM

i thought sony was behind Canon's 24F or are they behind avcHD from panasonic? confused.

Rush Hamden January 9th, 2007 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira
Although these cameras are impressive considering the top models have optical stabilization and better colors than the HC3, it’s not truly a replacement for the HC1.

I'm glad you said it, so I'm not the only one. I have yet to see any $2000 or under camcorder that replaces the HC1. Still the best features and most professional design. However, I am interested in what the new color matrix looks like, and if it improves dynamic range of HDV.

Paulo Teixeira January 9th, 2007 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rush Hamden
I'm glad you said it, so I'm not the only one. I have yet to see any $2000 or under camcorder that replaces the HC1.

Since the JVC does have similar features, you can consider that a replacement for the HC1. On top of the Fujinon lens, it has a 30MBPS 1920x1080i recording mode.

Within the next few months their will be other camcorders announced.

Paulo Teixeira January 9th, 2007 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rush Hamden
However, I am interested in what the new color matrix looks like, and if it improves dynamic range of HDV.

Sony mentioned newer televisions with xvColor so you will need to replace your TV to see the full potential of these Sony camcorders.
http://dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.ph...845#post603845

Rush Hamden January 9th, 2007 10:34 PM

I saw the thread just now, but I do need to see results. I like the focus wheel, mic in, etc. The biggies for me are the 60GB HDD (5 hrs before dumping to a computer) and superior color aquisition. I just need proof of the picture quality, then the Everio will earn my respect, and distance itself from the lesser consumer varieties I see at Bestbuy. Compactness is a big deal for me. If I can take 3 cameras on an int'l interview and set up WS, CU, and reverse angle on three clamps in a room, it makes editing much easier later. Especially when I don't have to pause every so often to change media or tape.

Heath McKnight January 12th, 2007 11:31 AM

Canon's 24F is Canon-only, far as I can tell. Sony and Panasonic support AVCHD, while JVC, Sony, Canon and Sharp support HDV.

www.avchd-info.org

www.hdv-info.org

heath

Ken Hodson January 12th, 2007 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yi Fong Yu
i thought sony was behind Canon's 24F or are they behind avcHD from panasonic? confused.

Well Canon 24F is a Canon only proprietary technique of combining two interlaced HDV fields into a progressive frame. avchd is a capture codec that currently Sony and Panasonic are licenced to use. Sony is into HDV and AVCHD and nothing Canon. Not sure how you became so confused.

Yi Fong Yu January 14th, 2007 03:51 PM

cause some sony gears can play 24F back?

Heath McKnight January 14th, 2007 04:02 PM

I don't think so. Yes, you can play back V1u footage (24p in a 60i stream), but I don't think 24F. Anyone confirm/deny?

heath