MacBook Pro announcements? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News

Digital Video Industry News
Events, press releases, bulletins and dispatches from the DV world at large.

Old January 13th, 2007, 08:25 PM   #1
Regular Crew

MacBook Pro announcements?

I was wanting to purchase a new 15", 2.33 ghz MacBook Pro.

Has anything happened, been announced, at MacWorld or elsewhere that indicates I should wait a bit?

Seems like I saw something about quad core intels for Mac Pro, but don't think I've seen anything new about the MacBook Pro.

thanks,
elmer
Elmer Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2007, 01:28 AM   #2
Trustee

There were no new computer models announced at MacWorld.

You can feel confident that no new models will be announced until about 24 hours after you write your big check.

(been there, done that!)
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2007, 08:25 AM   #3
Major Player

Any mention of when the new OS is due out?
Lynne Whelden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2007, 09:44 AM   #4
Major Player

Watch the keynote on Apple.com or check their homepage...they only announced the appleTV and iPhone...nothing else at this time. In the next month or two they will announce the ship date for Leopard, its due 1QFY07
Noah Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2007, 10:30 AM   #5
Major Player

Given Apple's propensity for periodic "speed bumps", I'd say that you might get stuck in a permanent holding pattern if you get too skittish. I finally pulled the trigger a month or so ago and got a 15" Core 2 Duo. I opted for the high-end model because I'm an Aperture user and Aperture wants as much VRAM as you can get. The main reasons I'd waited were:

1) I rarely buy the first version of anything Apple makes, and the MBP first versions suffered from a variety of well-documented problems with heat and other things

2) I wanted to wait for a UB version of Photoshop and although this one is in Beta, it's super fast and usable.

The only downside right now is that although the machine will take 3GB of RAM (and wants it for some stuff), a 2GB DIMM for that machine will set you back a huge chunk of change. I am going to wait on that one. 2GB works for me for now.

So I'd say "go for it".
Old January 14th, 2007, 11:26 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Hayes
Watch the keynote on Apple.com or check their homepage...they only announced the appleTV and iPhone...nothing else at this time. In the next month or two they will announce the ship date for Leopard, its due 1QFY07
I imagine Steve Jobs will hold another Keynote address for Leopard since he said there was going to be more features that he wanted to keep secret until closer to the release. I get the feeling it may have something to do with the new "Touch Screen" Technology that Apple developed for the iPhone.
Steve Benner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2007, 04:11 PM   #7
Trustee

For sure, the next Mac-Book pro will have HDMI and 802.11n. But I’m hoping that Apple is smart about increasing the resolution to either 1920x1200 or 1920x1080 and they better give us a much, much better graphic card.
The first two is pretty obvious but the others are essential if Apple wants to compete against the offerings of others such as from Dell and Alienware.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News