Pro Video Show in Massachusetts. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News

Digital Video Industry News
Events, press releases, bulletins and dispatches from the DV world at large.

Old March 8th, 2007, 08:47 PM   #1
Trustee

Pro Video Show in Massachusetts.

I received a flyer in the mail about a week ago about a professional video show and I though that maybe some of you have the time to check it out. It will have representatives from, Canon, Sony, JVC, Panasonic, Apple, etc.

It consists of a lot of Workshops that you have to pay to attend as will as free events and seminars. Since it is a show, you will find discount prices on many products from companies such as Sony and Canon like professional camcorders and VTRs

It will be held tomorrow and Saturday and I’m hoping I can make it this Saturday.
Here is a link to their site.
http://cameraco.com/

PS: Sorry it took me a while to finally get to post this since a lot of you probably have plans already for both of those days but at least some of the major events will be scheduled on Friday and Saturday so if you miss the one tomorrow you can still try to make it to the one on Saturday.

Sorry if it was already posted.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2007, 12:46 PM   #2
Trustee

I just want to say that I actually got to make it to the show yesterday and it had some interesting surprises. Their were the usual stuff that I was expecting to see such as the JVC HD250, the Sony V1u, F350 XDCAM, the Canon, XH-A1, XH-G1 and the Panasonic HVX200. The HV20 was also their but the one camcorder I wasn’t expecting to see at all was the Panasonic AG-HSC1U and it was actually at the show hooked up to a 50” 1366X768 Panasonic Plasma screen. There were many, many other professional electronics and you were free to touch anything you want for almost as long as you want including the preproduction AG-HSC1U. Sadly, the JVC HD7 and the Panasonic AJ-HPX2000 wasn’t their at all.

I originally planed on going to the free seminars but when I finally got there, I changed my mind because I was already predicting what was going to be said. I bet each one said the same thing. We know what we’re doing with our camcorders and the competition is clueless. That’s what I expect out of the mouths of Panasonic, JVC, Canon, and Sony. Sorry, I just had to say that.

I had a very good day yesterday and I received a few tidbits about camcorders that will be showing at NAB and don’t worry, I won’t mention anything. Later on today I will post my hands-on impression of the Panasonic AG-HSC1U in this thread.
http://dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=85746
No joke, but I played with it for about an hour. It’s a preproduction unit but it was still fully operational and a memory card was inside.

I really do hope some of you got to make it to the show because there were discounts on everything. For example, the XH-A1 was priced at 3350 and the Sony V1u was about 3800. A lot of HDV decks were at least 200 dollars off. Since it was show prices, you wont be able to get them that low anymore. I understand that its to far for most of you but luckily for me, it was in the same state I live, but it still took me a while to get their.
Old March 12th, 2007, 07:15 AM   #3
Trustee

how many people attended and is it likely to return? i totally missed this =(.
Old March 12th, 2007, 07:34 PM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yi Fong Yu View Post
how many people attended and is it likely to return? i totally missed this =(.
There were probably 400 to 600 people for both Friday and Saturday. The main place for the event was inside a college basketball court and a lot of the free seminars and paid workshops were in other buildings so not everybody was inside at the same time so I would say that no more than 100 people at any given time in the main place. It didn’t seam crowded at all so it was very easy to just walk up to a booth and immediately start playing with the electronics.

I think about the same time next year for another event sponsored by The Camera Company. There are other stores that sponsor events such as Hunt’s Photo/Video and it’s around every October. These events are usually held in hotels and I found it shocking that this particular store decided to have an event inside a college.
Old March 12th, 2007, 11:33 PM   #5
Wrangler

That's interesting. I used to go to those Camera Co. shows years ago and they were at hotels. In fact I gave a Steadicam demo at one somewhere around '94.
Old February 20th, 2008, 04:55 PM   #6
Trustee

Update

I just received this years flier and the event will be held on the 7th and 8th of March.

The Sony PMW-EX1 is obviously going to be their and I’m hoping that Panasonic brings in the AG-HMC150 so I can at least see how light it is in comparison to other camcorders such as the Sony V1u and the Canon A1.
Old February 20th, 2008, 06:08 PM   #7
Major Player

I've been going to their shows for years, but couldn't make it last year. This year, for sure! With all the new cameras, I'll bet that it's going to be very well attended.
Jim Nogueira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 12:22 PM   #8
Trustee

gonna tough, but i'll try. good thing i know about it ahead of time!!! =P. i'll pencil myself in for march of 2009.

lots of AWESOME WORKSHOP!!!! THANKS FOR BUMPING THIS BACKUP!
Old March 6th, 2008, 08:36 PM   #9
Trustee

This is just a remainder for anybody who feels like going either tomorrow or Saturday. Most of the current professional cameras will be their and since Canon had the strictly consumer HV10 and the HV20 on display during last years event I’m 99.9999999% certain that they’ll have the HV30, HF100 and the HF10 on display this year.

Anyway, I’m praying that the Panasonic HPX3000 makes it their.
Old March 7th, 2008, 11:14 AM   #10
Trustee

how many of DVI-ers are attending tomorrow? i might swing by depending on what i'm doing =D.
Old March 7th, 2008, 02:49 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Tell me more! For example where in Mass. I'd be coming from the Hartford,Ct. area and show times on Saturday. Thanks.
Matthew Klos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2008, 03:44 PM   #12
Major Player

The show is at Stonehill College in Easton. I attended today. Unfortunately, the Sony HVR-S270U I was hoping to see was not there. However, one of the Sony reps was doing his best to get one there for tomorrow. They had an HVR-Z7U, but the stock lens was not functioning, so they had a different lens on it. Juan Martinez from Sony was there, and spent a lot of time answering my questions. His knowledge of the HVR-S270 and the HVR-Z7U, as well as the PMW-EX1, is impressive.

I was also hoping to see the new Panasonic AG-HMC150, but the Panasonic rep said that's slated for NAB. They did have an HMC70, which appeared to make some nice images, had a decent zoom control, XLR Mic/Line switchable audio inputs with phantom power and mic attenuation, fast autofocus, and it records on SD/SDHC memory cards. Not bad for the price. I just can't get past the fact that it looks like it's straight out of the 90's.
Jim Nogueira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2008, 04:49 PM   #13
Trustee

Address:
Stonehill College
320 Washington Street
Sally Blair Ames Sports Complex
North Easton, Massachusetts 02357

Seminar Listing:
http://www.cameraco.com/events/expo2...ents.cfm?sem=1

Workshop Listing:
http://www.cameraco.com/events/expo2008/events.cfm
Old March 7th, 2008, 09:05 PM   #14
Regular Crew

ill be there... coming from the cape... probably going to be the youngest there...

sweet
Zac Crosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2009, 12:16 PM   #15
Trustee

This years event will be on the 20th and 21st of March at the Dedham Holiday Inn.
55 Ariadne Rd., Junction Routes 1 and 128, Exit 15A, Dedham, MA 02026
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News