Sony Announces AVCHD Support Vegas 7.0e May 01-07 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Video Industry News
Events, press releases, bulletins and dispatches from the DV world at large.

Old April 26th, 2007, 03:56 PM   #1
New Boot

Sony Announces AVCHD Support Vegas 7.0e May 01-07

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/...ID=662&CatID=0
Giovanny Canales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2007, 07:51 PM   #2
Regular Crew

"In July of 2007, Sony will also issue an update to its consumer editing software, Vegas Movie Studio Platinum Edition 8"

The current version is 7...how can they provide an update for a not existing sw? So current users of v.7 are left out?
Peter Frollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 10:58 AM   #3
Major Player

HD Output???

When will Sony include BlueRay support in DVD Architect?? Sure seems funny that you can buy a little $100 program and burn HD DVD's, but Sony's pro software (Vegas+DVD) does not support any form of HD to disc output.

By the way - Thanks for the link Giovanny.
Paul Kepen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 03:14 PM   #4
Inner Circle

The cost of BD authoring will fall, and it will be available to many soon, but not just yet.

At NAB I went to the Sonic booth. They were showing their pro BD authoring tools that costs thousands. I asked about basic authoring. The guy told me it was $500, it has the same features as their basic DVD editing software, and that they didn't bother to bring it to the show.

Hopefully, things will improve soon...
Old May 1st, 2007, 03:32 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanny Canales View Post
I notice this announcement specifies support for Sony AVCHD cameras, but doesn't mention JVC models. Anyone know whether the JVC AVCHD footage will be compatible?
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 04:10 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Fairhurst View Post
The cost of BD authoring will fall, and it will be available to many soon, but not just yet.

At NAB I went to the Sonic booth. They were showing their pro BD authoring tools that costs thousands. I asked about basic authoring. The guy told me it was $500, it has the same features as their basic DVD editing software, and that they didn't bother to bring it to the show.

Hi Jon. I just noticed that Adobe is including BlueRay authoring with there new version of Encore - due out in august, I think. I believe it will work for blueray just like DVD's - chapters, menu's, etc.
Paul Kepen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 06:55 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Fairhurst View Post

Hi Jon. I work at Sonic. The product that "the guy" was referring to is DVDit Pro HD 6 ...
http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/dv.../overview.html

DVDit Pro HD can author Blu-ray discs complete with menus in the BDMV format. Our consumer software (Easy Media Creator 9 with MyDVD) can only author the basic BDAV format with no menus. DVDit Pro HD has many more advanced professional features than MyDVD or other consumer DVD authoring applications, including an MPEG-2 HD encoder (MPEG-2 MP@HL). It's well worth the $500 price tag, in my somewhat biased opinion :).

Our professional Blu-ray authoring software is called Scenarist. It is the tool that the majority of Hollywood titles are authored on. It's more expensive than DVDit, but it provides much more advanced capability, including support for advanced interactivity.
http://www.sonic.com/products/Profes...quicklook.aspx

Tom
Tom Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 07:10 PM   #8
Inner Circle

Thanks for the clarification, Tom.

Yes, he was demo'ing Scenarist. It was way beyond our budget, so I didn't spend any time going into the features. I'll be interested in BD authoring in a year or so.

Note that the BD spec include BD-Java. At some point we (or the studios, anyway) will be able to write our own code for custom, interactive menus and games. It will be interesting to see where this leads.

To my knowledge no titles currently implement BD-J. And I'm not sure if Scenarist supports it just yet either.
Old May 1st, 2007, 07:30 PM   #9
Regular Crew

No problem. I work on the consumer side of the business. But I can assure you that Scenarist supports BD-J. See http://www.sonic.com/products/profes...es.aspx/bluray

Tom
Old May 1st, 2007, 07:43 PM   #10
Inner Circle

tom, it seems dvdit pro hd has taken some .. umm.. flavours, which is no bad thing, as for me, coming frm DVDA, it should be an easy transition across to Roxio from Sony

Just wondering if you have an aussie distributor for this App?
pls let me know.

cheers
pete
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 08:45 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Hi Peter,

Eureka Pacific Pty Ltd
Suite 6, Level 3
11 Albany Street
St Leonards, NSW 2065

Phone: 61-2-9439-7553
Fax: 61 2 9439 7554
Email: alexei@eurekapacific.com.au
Web: www.eurekapacific.com.au

Tom
Old May 2nd, 2007, 09:07 AM   #12
Inner Circle

bugger... i was hoping to distribute this myself through my old retail channels.... LOL

thanks for the update though, i know them so i'll drop a line when i get a chance
cheers
P
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News