New Apple Displays on the Horizon? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News

Digital Video Industry News
Events, press releases, bulletins and dispatches from the DV world at large.

Old May 2nd, 2007, 04:18 PM   #1
Major Player

New Apple Displays on the Horizon?

Apple released a statement today about what they are doing to help the enviornment and they stated they plan to switch all displays to LED techonoly and start shipping new Mac's with LED's in 2007.

I imagine this will work nicely with the new touch screen technology I expect to be in Leopard. I am waiting for the next round of Mac's before I buy a new one (since I still use a Powerbook G4) and this is welcoming news.

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/agreenerapple/
Steve Benner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2007, 04:48 PM   #2
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Benner View Post
I am waiting for the next round of Mac's before I buy a new one (since I still use a Powerbook G4) and this is welcoming news.
New Santa Rosa based laptops will start to ship on the 9th so it wouldent surprise me if the MacBook Pro line gets refreshed before the end of the month.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2007, 05:56 PM   #3
Major Player

Yes I think we'll see LED first in smaller screens (cost reasons) and then next year we'll see hopefully larger LED screens with higher PPI (Pixels Per Inch).
Harrison Murchison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2007, 06:29 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira View Post
New Santa Rosa based laptops will start to ship on the 9th so it wouldent surprise me if the MacBook Pro line gets refreshed before the end of the month.
Do you mean you have Apple info, or is this on the PC side? Also, are this likely to find their way into the iMac?
Steve Benner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2007, 07:54 PM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Benner View Post
Do you mean you have Apple info, or is this on the PC side? Also, are this likely to find their way into the iMac?
I don’t have any insider information at all but since Apple will also use those processors, it’s a good possibility that it won’t be long until you see a refresher. Besides, it’s due for one anyway.

LG, Samsung and Sony has LED backlit on their top of the line LCD screens although the majority of those screens wont be out until around July.

Anyway, this article indicates that the fist Apple computer to use LED-backlit is in the 15” MacBook Pro model.
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...this_year.html
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News