"last menu viewed" at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Distribution Center
PC or Mac, how to take your video to DVD or the Internet.

Old September 7th, 2007, 08:52 AM   #1
Major Player

"last menu viewed"

Hi ~

I use Dvdit Pro, which I like.

But I'm trying to set up my main MENU button to go to last menu viewed rather than the main menu.

I can't find any info on doing this with Dvdit pro.

I've seen some other programs that use Scripts to accomplish this.

Any info is appreciated.

Bob
Robert Bobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2007, 09:19 AM   #2
Major Player

from what I've been able to find out, neither dvdit 6 pro or dvdit pro HD allows for scripting, which you need to store the last menu viewed in the DVD player.

Guess I'll be looking for a new authoring software!
Old September 8th, 2007, 06:02 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Bobson View Post
from what I've been able to find out, neither dvdit 6 pro or dvdit pro HD allows for scripting, which you need to store the last menu viewed in the DVD player.

Guess I'll be looking for a new authoring software!
For SD DVD Authoring with scripting functionality I would recommend DVD Lab PRO 2.x.

You can always use DVDit Pro to burn DVD Folders to your hard drive, then add your own scripting using tools such as IFOedit and/or PGCedit (I prefer PGCedit).

Regards,
George
George Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2007, 07:53 AM   #4
Major Player

When you say record "DVD files to hard drive" to edit - do you mean an ISO file? of the individual VOB files?

Thanks for your reply~
Old September 9th, 2007, 08:07 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Bobson View Post
When you say record "DVD files to hard drive" to edit - do you mean an ISO file? of the individual VOB files?

Thanks for your reply~
When you go to Burn -- select the Write Volume option -- this will create the VIDEO_TS folder (inside the folder with your project name). You then edit the VIDEO_TS folder using utilities such as PGCedit, and then eventually burn that to disc using your favorite DVD Burning software.

Regards,
George
George Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2007, 10:19 AM   #6
Major Player

I've downloaded PGCeditor and opened it and looked at the structure of my DVD files - but I'm totally lost as to how to edit this.

Does anyone know where I can find an example of the correct code that would tell the dvd to go to the previous menu when the "Menu" button is pressed? or which section of the DVD I should start to look in to find what needs editing?

I'm surprised there isn't more specific info on the web about this. seems like this would be something most people would want their dvds to be able to do.

thanks.
Old September 9th, 2007, 11:25 AM   #7
Major Player

I've found some examples of scripting to allow me to have the MENU button got the last menu viewed. But I don't know how to add these scripts into my existing dvd (if that's even possible?)

anyone? Bueller? anyone???
Robert Bobson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center