Alternative to Brightcove? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Distribution Center
PC or Mac, how to take your video to DVD or the Internet.

Old February 6th, 2008, 06:29 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Alternative to Brightcove?

Does anyone know of a service (preferably free) similar to Brightcove's Console? Something where I can create and customize ad-free players and then be provided with a publisher's code to embed the working player on my domain? I love most of Brightcove, but have a few issues with it as well...
Mike Flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 05:39 PM   #2
Trustee

Try www.blip.tv. There's no advertising and the quality and size restrictions are much better than YouTube. They have an embedable player and it's free.
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 07:13 PM   #3
Major Player

I would agree with Chris. I just watched a screen capture video that was hosted there, exploded to full screen and it was amazingly clean. Even readable!!! I haven't really checked out the service yet. I do use Revver, but that has advertisements. You could always just host them on your own server.
Bill Mecca is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center