DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Distribution Center (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/distribution-center/)
-   -   Experimenting with rendering settings.. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/distribution-center/140888-experimenting-rendering-settings.html)

Alexander Peerman January 5th, 2009 04:32 AM

Experimenting with rendering settings..

Hey guys, i worked out a way to edit my .mp4's which involves rendering them to an avi file first and then editing that.
I've been playing with different settings to upload onto here, and am having a hard time working out which is the best way to render ?

i've exported one clip as 720p encoded using the sony AVC mp4 format ( vimeo.com/2613528 ) and that gave me an HD option.

But since then i haven't been able to get HD on any of my other clips i've uplpoaded
I've exported it with exactly the same settings - vimeo.com/2614870
and tried to see if there was a difference between sonys AVC mp4's ( vimeo.com/2619611 ) and main concepts mp4's ( vimeo.com/2619674 )

I'm also getting lines across some of these videos ? Not interlacing lines but they seem to be where there is great amounts of movement...

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated !

Aric Mannion January 5th, 2009 01:57 PM

I don't know much about vimeo, but if you want to "edit" mp4 files, you can actually do that straight in final cut pro. As for your lines on the video, are you seeing a horizontal line that moves up or down and seems to break the image? That's called screen tearing and is usually a computer or application glitch, and not really a problem in your video.

Alexander Peerman January 5th, 2009 05:42 PM

hey aric thanks for your help,
i've been using vegas 8 and it seems to be able to play mp4's but only with about 4-6 fps, which isn't ideal for editing ! i've had to downscale from 1080i footage as well so it makes editing a lot smoother.

i'm seeing the horizontal line on the online video... have you spotted it ? its fine on the rendered file i believe.
i think i'm going to play with the shutter speed next time....

Perrone Ford January 5th, 2009 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander Peerman (Post 989051)
i've exported one clip as 720p encoded using the sony AVC mp4 format ( vimeo.com/2613528 ) and that gave me an HD option.

But since then i haven't been able to get HD on any of my other clips i've uplpoaded
If anyone could help it would be much appreciated !

You can only upload one HD clip to vimeo per week unless you have a paid account.

Alexander Peerman January 6th, 2009 04:28 AM

yeah i worked that one out when i went on their forums.

Aric Mannion January 6th, 2009 10:24 AM

I didn't see any line actually. Do you do tricks? I make movies with a New England stunt team: Revenge of the Revenge trailer on Vimeo ...too bad you're in the "old" England.
Most of my stuff is on youtube though.

Alexander Peerman January 6th, 2009 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aric Mannion (Post 989828)
I didn't see any line actually. Do you do tricks? I make movies with a New England stunt team: Revenge of the Revenge trailer on Vimeo ...too bad you're in the "old" England.
Most of my stuff is on youtube though.

haha yep ! i do tricks, old england aye.

can you see the lines appearing through this footage when you click HD...
YouTube - 5bps 25fps 720p

i'm playing with the bitrate. dont know if it is having much effect.

Perrone Ford January 6th, 2009 01:50 PM

I don't see any lines either.