Stand alone duplicators at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Distribution Center
PC or Mac, how to take your video to DVD or the Internet.

Old July 15th, 2004, 04:27 PM   #1
Major Player

Stand alone duplicators

Anyone have any suggestions on a decent stand alone dvd duplicator for a reasonable price. Looking for a 1 to 3 duper under $1000 if possible preferably with pioneer drives. I figure most of thes dupers are basically the same i'm just not sure if there are brands to steer clear of. thanks.
Matt Stahley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2004, 10:27 AM   #2
Major Player

Actually, I was about to post the same question but saw your topic heading. I'm looking for basically the same thing--a recommended 1-3 duper. I can't seem to find many comparative reviews online yet, so I'm curious if anyone here has a model they would recommend, and what to look for/avoid in selecting one.
Barry Rivadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2004, 08:34 AM   #3
Major Player

Geez, doesn't anyone make DVD copies around here? It seems such an essential part of the process. I find it bewildering the array of dupe machine choices out there and still can't find a hard-and-fast list of high rated brands/models etc. What are the more favored brands? Is 8x recommended over 4x?

We want answers!

:D
Old August 3rd, 2004, 07:27 PM   #4
Major Player

Okay, I went on my own lone trek to find a suitable duplicator, and after an exhaustive amount of research I chose the Alera 3:1 DVD Copy Tower 8x DVD-/+. It cost a little over $1,000 and looks like a quality product. It's been ordered from a site called The Twister Group, which has pretty good reseller ratings. I hope my own results will perhaps be useful as a starting point for those who need to begin their own DVD duplicator quest!
Old August 4th, 2004, 06:51 PM   #5
Wrangler

You can use Nero to simultaneously drive multiple burners. Does require a spare computer though.
Old August 11th, 2004, 07:25 AM   #6
New Boot

I bot a 9 target duplicator from www.ILY.com with Pioneer A07 decks and it has worked flawlessly. 1X3 is around $800. Here is a link to one of their 3 target duplicators. Call them and ask for "Amber" she is very knowledgeable and helpful.

http://shop.ily.com/P_1033.htm
Bob Anderson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center