Sonic DVDit 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center

Distribution Center
PC or Mac, how to take your video to DVD or the Internet.

Old May 17th, 2005, 01:35 PM   #1
Major Player

Sonic DVDit 5

I have to warn against buying this program - it sounds like it should work well, but it didn't come with any documentation, and the "FAQ" on their website is minimal.

Has anyone found a place to find answers? message boards?

I'm trying to import layered files from Photoshop, and keep getting a "flatten image first" message. Each layer is supposed to import as a seperate object.

Curses!!!
Robert Bobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2005, 07:23 AM   #2
Major Player

progress

I'm slowly making progress. found sonic's "help" website -

http://support.sonic.com/login/login...t&type=desktop

If you've already registered your program on the main website, YOU NEED TO REGISTER AGAIN at the help website for them to respond to you.

But the free update seems to be unavailable to download for now.

The DVDit program's "help" files contain more information buried under multiple files than I first thought.

Still having problems importing graphics.
Old May 29th, 2005, 04:02 AM   #3
Major Player

My intention was to update this thread in case anyone does a search on "dvdit".

I was going to say I now like the program and recommend it -
but as I just attempted to open and use it, I got a warning box that says "USE OF INVALID EDITOR"!!! and now TWO OF MY PROJECTS AREN'T AVAILABLE AND WON'T OPEN !!!

I'll let you know what happens. :(

Last edited by Robert Bobson; May 29th, 2005 at 04:25 AM.
Old June 8th, 2005, 05:43 AM   #4
Major Player

update

I DO like the features in DVDit - the only drawback is that if you try to edit or update any of the elements that are included in the DVD project, the program doesn't recognize where to find them!

Sonic recommends putting all the elements in a high level folder (C:\DvdElements).

I finally got my project completed - although I had to start from scratch each time I made a change.

For the price, this program will work fine if you have all your elements finallized before you create the DVD.
Old June 8th, 2005, 11:23 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I do like Sonic's DVDit 5. I needed something that could be quickly learned and used. The tutorial on the Sonic website was a big help in getting started. Then some playing around helped me learn quite a bit about it. Simple and effective program.
Bruce Linden is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center