Chop Chop Chop that Footage down at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center

Distribution Center
PC or Mac, how to take your video to DVD or the Internet.

Old July 11th, 2005, 04:29 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Chop Chop Chop that Footage down

Hey all, I recently did a training video which has a total of 6 hours of footage. I am trying to think if I should just allow the footage to dictate my dvd/case/number i.e. 3 dvds and a 3 disk case, or break it down to a round number of 4 and use a four dvd case, with 1 hour and 30 minutes on each dvd. The footage is a training video and while it's good stuff, there are no fireworks. I don't think my client cares, although there is cost when thinking of the printing/dvd disc etc. I guess I could just use some feed back.

Thanks in advance.

Shoot those opinions at me :}
Old July 11th, 2005, 04:56 PM   #2
Capt. Quirk

I think 6 hours is waaaaaay too much video for a training DVD. Is it all worth watching? Try paring it down a bit, maybe 2 or 3 hours.

And if you really want to use all 6 hours, come back in 3 months with a Special Edition Director's cut ;)
Old July 12th, 2005, 06:17 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Yeah, I'd love to chop it down further, but after talking with my client, they want as much to stay. I may have misrepresented it when i said training video, it's more of a class. Something that follows an outline and such, like an algebra class.

So thanks for the reply, I think I'm going to trim enough to get it to three dvd's. I agree it's a bunch of video.

Steven Davis

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center